Not open for further replies.
T

THGE

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: My hand was JJ

PokerStars Game #25542634121: Tournament #138272608, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (200/400) - 2009/03/02 21:36:41 ET
Table '138272608 131' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Knuffelmich (42414 in chips)
Seat 2: eduardods (8690 in chips)
Seat 3: Paetrix (7965 in chips)
Seat 4: saxplayer54 (1160 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: Pole551 (10245 in chips)
Seat 6: THGE (8995 in chips)
Seat 7: miguel566 (12153 in chips)
Seat 8: mrblod (27617 in chips)
Seat 9: RAFISAN (30 in chips) is sitting out
Knuffelmich: posts the ante 40
eduardods: posts the ante 40
Paetrix: posts the ante 40
saxplayer54: posts the ante 40
Pole551: posts the ante 40
THGE: posts the ante 40
miguel566: posts the ante 40
mrblod: posts the ante 40
RAFISAN: posts the ante 30 and is all-in
Paetrix: posts small blind 200
saxplayer54: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to THGE [Jc Jd]
Pole551: folds
THGE: raises 1200 to 1600
miguel566: folds
mrblod: calls 1600
RAFISAN: folds
Knuffelmich: folds
eduardods: folds
Paetrix: folds
saxplayer54: folds
*** FLOP *** [2s 6s 2d]
THGE: bets 2000
mrblod: calls 2000
*** TURN *** [2s 6s 2d] [3s]

Could I push all in?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but on the flop. It's a freeroll and your stack size is getting short.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's too late to go all-in on the turn. He could have been drawing to the flush. Since he has a good size stack, he could have called your intial raise with 2 good size suited cards. If you were to go all-in, the flop would have been the place to do it. Ive been burned many times by letting people make their hand.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The turn is too late to be asking if you should push. Before you decide how much to put in the pot each time, you want to look ahead and consider where you're likely to stand when it's your turn to bet again. In this case, your bet sizing has left you in a position where your push on the turn is 5400 into a pot of about 7500. That's not bad, but my point here is whether you tried to arrive at this situation or whether it just happened.

M

mecoble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at that point yes push, but you bet too small on flop, if someone called flop with 45 oh well

H

honos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I push is allright. I think he is on a draw or overcards

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that situation is a dilemma.The betting after the flop was wrong.I would have pushed all in at that time.now that you beted 2000 and he called,I prefer checking after the turn.If he bet some big,I would fold.I hope he would also check or bet small if he didnt make flush on the river,then I would check or call.

W

Washout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would push yes ,works out sometimes bad but online random dealers lol its a coin toss as iam sure ya know,hit quads on flop before in cash trney and got out drawn by bigger quads in the river sad but happens alot ,make mistakes look at them and just try to apply them to your next 1 gl to ya.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could push all-in but I would be very suspicious of the caller to your 1600 chips in raise. He can be slow playing QQ KK AA. I would check to him to see what he does. If he goes all-in, I would be wow and it this point have your gut instinct determine whether or not to call or fold. If he checks, then maybe an all-in can be warranted depending on the that the turn is not a sacry card higher than a jack.

X

Xaras23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in on the flop! very dangerous board with 3 spades! maybe my oponent have a small pair our a flush draw!

PradBitt

PradBitt

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could bet more on the flop like 3.5-4k.Now there are 3 spades,a little risky but still worth to push all in on the turn.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a very aggressive image, they could be trapping.

As played, you pretty much have the jam the turn. You are not checking here and folding to a bet and chances this just gets checked down if you're behind is basically 0. The chances they have two overs is quite high so jam while you're ahead.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely. He probably has a very good hand like a pocket or a set but the spade makes a very good opportunity for you to take a stab at the pot with a fantastic bluff. Even if he calls you would have a very good two pair with a full house possibility.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're short stacked and youve commited about 50% into the pot already you might as well shove the rest in and hope for the best

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're short stacked and youve commited about 50% into the pot already you might as well shove the rest in and hope for the best

agree, you are very commited with the pot and also you are short stack so pushing here is the right move... i think you should have pushed all in at the flop, cause if you just bet and your opponent call the if the flop is an overcard ace, king or queen then you will be in a bad position...

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got 2 ways you can play this. one limp and hope to flop an over pair or set. that is how i would play this hand in the begining stages. here the blinds are up to 200 and there worth winning so no way if i play this hand do i limp. however i find in freeroll people often call all-in with junk hands. so with JJ here i open/shove. for a few reasons 1.) is i'm out of position(OOP) and 2.) jacks don't do to well after the flop. and 3.) atleast one weaker hand is playing here getting max value out of your hand. also as the hand plays i shove the flop too. make the chasers pay. but after the turn i am pretty much commited but think i would probably check/call to the river and see if they beat me if they atleast leave me a few chips. this also give those hands the fold to your raise i chance to bluff. so in the long run i think you make more this way. by betting the turn i think only hands that beat call and hands you beat fold(more often).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP is no longer with us. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands