$Freeroll NLHE: Dealt AK first hand and shoved

I

IMNER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold unless you like to gamble and win most of your coin flips.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a perfect example of how playing freerolls can adversely affect your game. I agree with most of the posts that you probably have the better hand pre-flop. But, you are not the last to act and most likely will be more callers. Lots of people have the "it's just a freeroll" mentality. Problem is will you be able to shut off the "its just a freeroll" mentality when it's not "just a freeroll"

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call, even if he has PP i am calling...

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you know how freerolls are. People will shovee with anything early. You are likely ahead or in a race but the board may come and kill you. just depends how bad you want to make it to the money in this game. Do you want to play solid poker and nickel and dime your way to the money, or do you want to risk it all first hand maybe double up, and then play solid poker to get ITM

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw, of course. Daily dollar on FT

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t5240)
UTG+1 (t2960)
Hero (MP1) (t2850)
MP2 (t3600)
CO (t2920)
Button (t3070)
SB (t2240)
BB (t1140)

Hero's M: 95.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K
heart.gif
, A
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 bets t2960 (All-In), 6 folds

Total pot: t50

Results:
UTG+1 didn't show
Outcome: UTG+1 won t50

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no bad play here. Calling or folding is fine. in a freeroll u'll find lots of donks shoving with any two, but sometimes they shove with any pair cos they know their too stuborn to fold post flop when they miss their set so u'll be 50/50 if they do have a pair.

L

langrealtor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In any freeroll in the first round, you'll get a lot of players going all in on the first hand. I have been playing Full Tilts Face the Ace. First round 4-5 players usually go all in trying to build a bankroll. They know they can just sign up for the next one. No strategy, just a go for it all game.

R

rozzz5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I would fold, especially in early position since most likely a bunch of other donks will call with crap as well and you'll have to fade a lot to win. If one wants to gamble to get a big stack, i can totally undestand that since it's a freeroll , so you're not going to just try and make the money. However, if you are decent or better than decent p[layer, you will find much better spots. Just my 2 cents.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can have here any 2 cards.. and AK does it really good against his range of hands

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands