$Freeroll NLHE: CC FR 4/21...Too early for all in?

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: CC FR 4/21...Too early for all in?

37 players left in the CC freeroll. As you can see I have just over 4BBs left. I have been pretty much card dead since the 1st break and I get all excited here with my K10 suited. I have 1 limper from mid position and everyone else has folded around to me on the button. The SB has been auto folding if I remember right, leavin only the BB and the mid-position limper in the hand.
I was hopeing to get a fold from both and pick up 3 more BBs.

Too early to try an all-in here with 4BBs?
Maybe I should see the flop? Keep folding and wait for a better hand?

Full Tilt, 150/300 blinds, 25 ante NL Hold'em Tourney, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
BB: 7,401 (24.7 bb)
UTG+2: 11,280 (37.6 bb)
MP1: 21,444 (71.5 bb)
MP2: 7,913 (26.4 bb)
MP3: 2,720 (9.1 bb)
CO: 8,890 (29.6 bb)
DogzBestFrnd (BTN): 1,240 (4.1 bb)
SB: 926 (3.1 bb)
Pre-Flop: DogzBestFrnd is BTN with K T
UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls 300, CO folds, DogzBestFrnd raises to 1,215 and is all-in, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls 915

Last edited:
left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with above,
with 4 bb left I would almost push with any paint at that point.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definatelly a push here and be happy with folds but you shouldnt be in too bad of shape here.even with a caller. they could almost call with a2c.

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Board: (3,080) 9 9 6 A 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
DogzBestFrnd showed K T (a pair of Nines) and lost (-1,240 net)
MP3 showed Q K (a pair of Nines) and won 3,080 (1,840 net)

Well it didnt quite work out :)
I was pretty confident pushing with the K 10 here, even thou it isnt a hand I would normaly want to put my stack on.
But I think the antes had to acount for part of the push also. Loseing 1/12th of a BB every hand reduces the value you can get from a later hand. At least thats my thinking.

Thanks for the replies!

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to look for spots earlier than this so that you have some FE.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should really be looking for a shove opportunity once you are down to 10BB.

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, thats one thing I need to work on more. I always wait a bit too long to shove. I think I am looking for too good of a hand to shove with.
10 10 or above usually. And then I end up limping a hand or 2 hopeing to catch a flop and end up with under 5BBs before I decide its time to move.

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with only 4 bb, you should go all in with any decent hand... k10 is a pretty good hand, so pushing all in is the correct move here.. you were unlucky of finding your opponent with kings...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ya, thats one thing I need to work on more. I always wait a bit too long to shove. I think I am looking for too good of a hand to shove with.
10 10 or above usually. And then I end up limping a hand or 2 hopeing to catch a flop and end up with under 5BBs before I decide its time to move.

Try looking for opportunity's to use your position & worry less about the cards you hold, when you drop below 10 BB, button pushes & such. When you get that low, you can't afford to be limping into pots.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a fine play especially suited. Unlikely the limper has anything big and it is a good opportunity for u to pick up the blinds. Plus a caller prolly has small pockets.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Okay here you've quoted what I feel is the biggest leak (imo). You generally NEVER want to be limping in with less than 10bbs. period. Chances of hitting a flop are 34% (roughly). By limping in or calling limps, you're really just spewing off the little bit of fold equity you may have left.

IMO.. better to pick an opponent's blinds to shove on with 10bb's with T-8o, or J-9s, then to blind down to less than 5bb's looking for a 'big hand'.

If you're really interested in learning more about this part of the game, try picking up a copy of Harrington On Holdem Vol.2 - 'End Game Play'. It goes into decent detail about 'inflection points', 'multiple inflection points', etc. and gives you many examples and guidelines to work from with varying stack sizes, position & opponents.
In short.. when you're down to 10bb's... .look to when you can get it ALLIN first... and try to do so into a TAG or mouse's blinds (perhaps a med.-sized stack player).. NOT a LAG on a bigstack or a player you assume has no idea what they might need to consider calling.

In this hand here... ez shove IMO. You're in the dead zone here... below RedZone.

Mission Man 56

Mission Man 56

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M<2, so you have to shove with the first good hand you get. Hopefully you'll be the first one in the pot, but sometimes you don't have a choice. I believe the shove was the right move here.

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington On Holdem
Ya, I have been planning on buying the set (4 in the set if I remember right). Keep seeing them quoted on CC and a couple other forums.
Thanks again all.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Harrington On Holdem 'Tournament Play' series consist of 3 books. The first two are mandatory reading in my opinion. The third is a compilation of 50 HandHistory questions, breaking down some of the hands into 6 separate parts, evaluating your play as the hand plays out. Vol.3 is alright as it helps to get the reader opening up their mind to how & why. You could skip it though... 1 & 2 are where it's at.
A much better book (imo) for stuff similiar to Vol.3 is 'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time' (250 HH's although it's geared more towards higher buyin online MTT play... it's good stuff though!).

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Harrington On Holdem 'Tournament Play' series consist of 3 books. The first two are mandatory reading in my opinion. The third is a compilation of 50 HandHistory questions, breaking down some of the hands into 6 separate parts, evaluating your play as the hand plays out. Vol.3 is alright as it helps to get the reader opening up their mind to how & why. You could skip it though... 1 & 2 are where it's at.
A much better book (imo) for stuff similiar to Vol.3 is 'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time' (250 HH's although it's geared more towards higher buyin online MTT play... it's good stuff though!).

AGREED!!!!!!! I've read the HoH series and it is definately the bible on tournaments!! Vol 1 was fairly basic and was mainly a refresher on the basic groundwork for tournaments. Vol 2 is a wealth of good information!! I recommend reading and rereading a few times to let it all absorb!! Vol 3 is fun. Its a big quiz and you get rated on your answers and at the end you get to see how you rate as a tournament player! lol