$Freeroll NLHE: Angry at me or Angry at himself

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: Angry at me or Angry at himself

Full Tilt NL $100 Freeroll, my chip stack was 75000 and villain had 90000. Blinds were 500/1000. I had pocket 22s in middle position and I make the call. Villain was big blind and does a minimal raise of. Of course, I call. The flop comes out 22K. Villain bets out 3000. I call. Turn is an Ace. He bets out 15000. I call. River is 10. He pushes all-in and I call of course with the nuts. This guy just got mad and says you call my raise with pocket 22s you freaking donk. I just laughed and said I appreciate the minimal bet. Just kept calling me idiot and a donk til he got knocked off. Gee....who do you think he should really be mad at? I would of posted hand history but i forgot to turn it on.

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late in the tourney I suppose and I am guessing you were at the final table and in the money already. Calling a min raise in this case is a no-brainer. It's not like you had to take a major hit to your stack to see the flop...

IMO - Villain shoulda brought it to begin with if he expected to push you out. All your major calls were made after you hit the nuts. This guy is mad at himself - for continuing to bet into you when two 2's showed on the flop.

By the way, do you remember what he had? just curious...

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, thats too funny. Typical freeroll player, they often think they are experts.
What kind of hand did he have?

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, thats too funny. Typical freeroll player, they often think they are experts.
What kind of hand did he have?

With the Big Blind at 1000 and 75000 in your stack...I'm pretty much calling a min raise w/ just about anything...not complete trash, but hell 22 is a NO BRAINER!!

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the Big Blind at 1000 and 75000 in your stack...I'm pretty much calling a min raise w/ just about anything...not complete trash, but hell 22 is a NO BRAINER!!

Yes, of course. I was talking about the other player, who got upset that his bluff or whatever he was on didnt work. And then started to complain how bad everyone else played.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you were near the end of the tourney it wasnt that bad of a call but still calling a raise with pocket 2's is a really risky call. But fortunately for you it was one that paid of fantasticaly.

motyennif

motyennif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you just love it???? The only thing he could complain about is your call with 22 to a minimal raise. With your chip stack - no problem. Glad you thanked him for it. Maybe he should have thought about it himself and realized that by calling increasingly large bets, you might have a top hand, and could have saved some chips by checking and folding if you went all-in on the river.

C

conniemia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he was a sore loser. it is plain and simple. he also had been playing a while to get to that chip count only to falter by an overplay of his hand. since you are not sitting across from him he can act like an ass about it

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He played badly, and is now upset about it.. Case closed?

daguksta

daguksta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, so what did the guy have that was so special? If he had a decent hand, like 2nd best, then I would understand his bad play.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to smile at players like that. Make him feel like he played the hand right so he keeps playing that way. Nice & easy chip fodder. Well done.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sore loser whos upset for "no reason" i put that in quotes because we dont know what his hand was. if he had something that justified his play then its alright to see him upset