• Thread starter silverslugger33
  • Start date
A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 2 short stacked players are likely to comitt their chips as far as player 6 is concerned you want to raise at least 1k to force him to comitt all-in or to fold

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to raise atleast 4x, you want to get it in on the flop to narrow the field. I have had this happen to me multiple times where it has paid off...ship any flop because their fold equity is so high

J

Justboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the last post. IN order to narrow the field you must raise a substantial amount. Otherwise, you will have too many in the hand (possibly). Of course, there are always fools that call with a terrible hand and win. online poker can be agonizing, at least for people like me with horrible luck. :)

L

lvdreamer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
325-350
but if you knows your short stack opponent is going to call anyway, then might as well raise bigger.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i didnt read threw all the posts. but a good rule of thumb is 3-4x the big blind then add 1x for every limper. i think there was 3 limpers so i make it 150-250(3-5x the blind) + 150(one blind for every limper) = 300-400. but i could make it more if i think for sure i get called.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4BB + 3 limpers = 7BB so 350, thats more then half your stack.. sounds about right to me.

i like that. so much easier to get. but being more than 1/2 your stack you may just shove. wih so many in the pot someone may look you up.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some very good responses, I would have raised a little over half my stack. That way they knew you would call a reraise of all in. The short stacks without a premium hand would have folded.
Nicely played you got just what you wanted. And the AA held up.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a rule I always like to bet AA at least 4X the BB, if out of position 5X