$Freeroll NLHE: AA in the BB, how would you play this hand?

R

rodelzki

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: AA in the BB, how would you play this hand?

Below is in observance of dakota-xx instruction on posting of "hand" for hand analysis.

full tilt poker Freeroll
BLINDS = 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:53:39 ET - 2009/11/02
Seat 1: vivagalla (10,177)
Seat 2: Kukarinskii (56,796)
Seat 3: rodelzki (23,660)
Seat 4: tolgakaan1 (11,813)
Seat 5: DixikTR (55,253)
Seat 6: Sole Seeker (43,163)
Seat 7: pokergold1 (24,145)
Seat 9: XiMaker (54,732)
vivagalla antes 125
Kukarinskii antes 125
rodelzki antes 125
tolgakaan1 antes 125
DixikTR antes 125
Sole Seeker antes 125
pokergold1 antes 125
XiMaker antes 125
Kukarinskii posts the small blind of 500
rodelzki posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to rodelzki [As Ac]
tolgakaan1 folds
DixikTR folds
Sole Seeker folds
pokergold1 folds
XiMaker folds
vivagalla folds
Kukarinskii calls 500

What then would be your reaction when the SB flat call?

For your comment please...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M is 9ish, but this is the one time we don't want fold equity. There's 3000 in the pot, and I'd raise to 4000. That'd make the flop pot size 9000 chips and would leave you 19500ish behind. Enough to bet the flop for 4900 and put the rest in on the turn.

R

rodelzki

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M is 9ish, but this is the one time we don't want fold equity. There's 3000 in the pot, and I'd raise to 4000. That'd make the flop pot size 9000 chips and would leave you 19500ish behind. Enough to bet the flop for 4900 and put the rest in on the turn.

thanks for your comment ...

To continue with the remaining details of this hand below is the history. My re-raise was 2xBB only.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to rodelzki [As Ac]
tolgakaan1 folds
DixikTR folds
Sole Seeker folds
pokergold1 folds
XiMaker folds
vivagalla folds
Kukarinskii calls 500
rodelzki raises to 2,000
Kukarinskii calls 1,000
*** FLOP *** [7d Kc 5d]
Kukarinskii checks
rodelzki bets 4,000
Kukarinskii raises to 8,000
rodelzki raises to 21,535, and is all in
Kukarinskii calls 13,535
rodelzki shows [As Ac]
Kukarinskii shows [7h 8c]
*** TURN *** [7d Kc 5d] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [7d Kc 5d Ts] [7s]
rodelzki shows two pair, Aces and Sevens
Kukarinskii shows three of a kind, Sevens
Kukarinskii wins the pot (48,070) with three of a kind, Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 48,070 | Rake 0
Board: [7d Kc 5d Ts 7s]
Seat 1: vivagalla (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Kukarinskii (small blind) showed [7h 8c] and won (48,070) with three of a kind, Sevens
Seat 3: rodelzki (big blind) showed [As Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 4: tolgakaan1 folded before the Flop
Seat 5: DixikTR folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Sole Seeker folded before the Flop
Seat 7: pokergold1 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: XiMaker folded before the Flop

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my read on villain. If he is likely agro then I might just check and hope he catches something and bets, or bluffs on flop. A lot depends on my read of the guy; obviously you are looking to maximize yr pr but how best?

Just saying, if villain is super tight for instance, a BB raise might fold him which would be sad... I am tending to slowplay AA more at tight tables as I see too many folds to PF raises there... I'm surprised he called that raise with rags... u had him all the way; Bad Bad River!

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...might want to wait a day or so before giving results next time. I would raise more preflop, the most I think sb would call often, probably to 3bbs or so. We're short enough that we should be able to get the money in pretty easily if sb catches a piece, might even be tempted to bluff at a decent sized pot after we've built it some.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. Generally you want to wait until there's some feedback on the hand. 1 reply usually isn't enough to get an idea for the consensus play in a hand.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you're questioning yourself because Villain hit his five outer after the flop.

It could be argued that your pre-flop raise should be bigger, especially if your opponent is loose. However, you wanted to encourage action, so I understand the min-raise. Then you were fortunate in that your opponent hit top pair, and, as a typical freeroll player would, he overvalues it and check raises. This is exactly what you wanted, as your money gets in as a 4-to-1 favorite. So there wasn't really anything terribly wrong here IMO, you just got unlucky.

R

rodelzki

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for my mistake of releasing the outcome of this hand too soon. Yes you are right 1 feedback is not enough to digest how this hand should be played.

I did not wait long enough to give the others to analyze the situation and chance to share their strategies so that we all would benefit well of this experience.

Thank you and appreciate all your thoughts.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is standard donk call.Don't be mad I have lost my last 5 AA in one on ones.All of hands were in cash games.
Because of players like your opponent I am raising all in with aces in freerolls.
He has lowest pair on turn and he plays that was awful

R

rodelzki

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is standard donk call.Don't be mad I have lost my last 5 AA in one on ones.All of hands were in cash games.
Because of players like your opponent I am raising all in with aces in freerolls.
He has lowest pair on turn and he plays that was awful

Thanks for the comforting words. Actually, I don't make donk calls whenever someone has already made a re-raise or even do an ALL-IN re-raise.

again thanks ....

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands