$Freeroll NLHE: $ : A Tale of Two Kings vs. QQ

HousesoftheHoly78

HousesoftheHoly78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: $ : A Tale of Two Kings vs. QQ

- I was playing in a free roll yesterday, I'll have to say this was a great tournament. Only 14 in this tournament and I made the final table. Lots of great hands and some aggressive playing. I was trying to get an early lead in chips or at the least double or at extra 1,000 in chips. It was this hand that cause me some trouble and I knew it! I started of by not playing my position correctly. I was in mid position and the BB was 30. I raised to 130 and everyone folded except the SB who calls My hole cards :qc4: :qd4: Flop was :kc4: :4s4: :ks4: SB checks and I'm not feeling good about this hand. I had made a thread about going with your gut feelings before located here and this time, I did the opposite and went against my gut feeling. The SB checks and instead of checking it down and I bet out the pot of 330. The SB could of been on Akicker but something told me not. Still I went against my thought. The turn shows 9h and SB checks again. At this point you might think the SB is sitting with Akicker and will fold to a high bet. My gut is telling me he has a K in the hole. Still with 550 left and going against my gut I pushed all in and sure enough get my call to see the SB with :kd4: :8s4: . My only hope was a Q on the river for a boat and it was an :ad4: that showed up. At least I knew what I was doing wrong and I know it was a foolish move. Had I checked it down, I would of only loss 150. Had this been a buy-in game I think I would of had to lay this down, at least I would hope so.

smallteene

smallteene

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is great you knew you were doing something wrong. Plus, when you say that if this was a buy-in, you would have layed it down, means that you are a lot more willing to take risks in free rolls regardless of the outcome...(bc losing free rolls has no loss).

I play free rolls all the time and personally, losing is not a great thing to me. LoL. But I bet that's with a lot of people.