NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: 99 with three overcards on the flop

I managed to convert my FT hands yesterday and post them here, following some advice from TriggaLos in this thread:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-freerolls-31/contest-help-start-your-bankroll-148560/

Anyway, today I thought I would ask for some advice on a pokerstars freeroll I was playing in, and Stoxpoker says it supports hand histories from Party, Stars and Tilt.

As I don't know how to arrange for PS to save my hand histories to my PC in the way that Full Tilt do, I clicked on instant had history, selected the hand that I was interested in, and pasted it into Stoxpoker. It then told me that it wasn't a valid format. This is the format that the instant hand history gave me, edited so you don't know the outcome of the hand:

PokerStars Game #27117921737: Tournament #155247408, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/04/15 16:31:25 WET [2009/04/15 11:31:25 ET]
Table '155247408 509' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Roger Rabid (1460 in chips)
Seat 2: stella3585 (1730 in chips)
Seat 3: RockShaker08 (3000 in chips)
Seat 4: mikeynoodles (1640 in chips)
Seat 5: Mixa Dolphin (2590 in chips)
Seat 6: we're done (1470 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: normski vii (1470 in chips)
Seat 8: bicohun (1470 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: ALEKS-K1973 (1660 in chips)
stella3585: posts small blind 10
RockShaker08: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Roger Rabid [9h 9d]
mikeynoodles: folds
Mixa Dolphin: folds
we're done: folds
normski vii: folds
bicohun: folds
ALEKS-K1973: calls 20
Roger Rabid: raises 80 to 100
stella3585: calls 90
RockShaker08: calls 80
ALEKS-K1973: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [Qc Tc As]
stella3585: checks
RockShaker08: checks
ALEKS-K1973: checks
Roger Rabid:

So I have two questions:
1) How do I convert a PS hand at Stoxpoker :questionm
2) What should I do in this hand, as I have pocket 9s on the button but have flopped three overcards :questionm

Attachments

• PS15April2009AQ10flop99.jpg
    PS15April2009AQ10flop99.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 12
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to post the whole hand history in Stox for it to work then just cut and paste the conversion. If you only want part delete the portion of the conversion you don't want. If I remember correctly.

that is the freaking worst flop ever for you unless they are fit or fold players. If they are are bet/call with a pair fold with nothing type players you can c-bet here with confidence as you will know instantly where you stand otherwise it is just check it back time and take the free card. I check as there just too many in the hand to think no one got a piece of that.

But it has been a while and I was never great at tournaments anyway to FWIW.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did paste the whole thing in there. Presumably doesn't like instant hand histories, is there another way of obtaining hand histories, or I do have to ask them to email them to me?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check again with the stox convertor, make sure you dont truncate the HH, convert and delete the bits you dont want from the converted version. PM me the HH if you cant get it to work and ill have a look.

With a hand like yours in a Freeroll, I'm done here bad bad flop vs too many players with an underpair. Take your free turn if you can get it.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I can't get the hand history back, because apparently PS don't keep hand histories for freerolls, so I guess I'd better put this one down to experience. Thanks for your input, peeps! :)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've worked out how to save Stars hand histories to a folder on my desktop, in the same way that I am now saving Tilt hand histories to a folder on my desktop, so hopefully that will make posting Stars hands here easier in future.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK so now back to the hand in question, 99 on the button with three overcards on the flop. TenBob and Steveg1976 have suggested that this is a pot that we don't want to be putting any more chips into, maybe just try to see a free card.

Any different ideas, or have they hit the nail on the head here?

Last edited:
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to post the whole hand history in Stox for it to work then just cut and paste the conversion. If you only want part delete the portion of the conversion you don't want. If I remember correctly.

that is the freaking worst flop ever for you unless they are fit or fold players. If they are are bet/call with a pair fold with nothing type players you can c-bet here with confidence as you will know instantly where you stand otherwise it is just check it back time and take the free card. I check as there just too many in the hand to think no one got a piece of that.

But it has been a while and I was never great at tournaments anyway to FWIW.

^^this...or what tenbob said :)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry missed that, have edited previous post now, thanks for the input. :eek:

poloporasa

poloporasa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree with Steveg1976. The advantage of a cbet is that you instantly know where you stand. But in this case I would not cbet and just check-fold if i can not imrpove your hand.

Save your chips for a better situation is the device here.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input peeps! :)
I stuck with it to the end, no more money went into the pot from any of us, and this was what it looked like after the river:

Attachments

• PS15April2009outcome99.jpg
    PS15April2009outcome99.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 10
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Screen shots aren't that helpful, NWF. The sceen shot there only shows the river card and that a couple of players like to take there time. Just stating the results it is probably best if you don't have the history and easier in the future. :)

sorry, I think I missed the point of the screeny, but what tenbob says, it has only gotten worse for you as ANY broadway card in you opponents hand has you crushed and there is the flush as well

Last edited:
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot bet this river, or even call a bet tbh. I take a free showdown here every time, any hand that calls beats you and hand you beat folds. We might get a jack or a 10 to fold, but because your bet has to be small considering the pot size, we could get calls lots as well.

Again I take a free-showdown whenever i can.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the screenshots help more inexperienced people (like me) in the sense that I find it much easier to understand the situation from a screenshot than I do a hand history. So when I post these threads I am not just trying to advance my understanding of the situation in question, I am also hoping that other inexperienced players can maybe pick something up from it too.

Also I deliberately hadn't given the result yet, because I was hoping to have a little more feedback before giving the game away, and that is actually what has happened.

Anyway, as I no longer have the hand history (or any more screenshots) I can't give you the precise details of what they had, but none of us put any more money in and I was absolutely delighted to win the hand. Might not have won much, but at least I won! Thanks again for the input, peeps. :)