$Freeroll NL HE MTT: Is going all-in good in that case?

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Freeroll
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
Would it be good to go all-in in this situation?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Mike3163 did not exist then it would come down to what type of player and what you know about G0930. Since Stampide1 is all in (I think Ausente means that?) you would only be playing the hand against G0930. If they are a maniac that you have seen do this before or open very often then you call it off knowing there are hands you beat. Also, if they are a player that jams Ax when under 20 BBs you should then call as well without MIke existing but you would have to know that info. However, Im guessing we are readless here so I would fold thinking range is some 99+, AJ suited+ range give or take off of almost 18 BBs. That of course would be in a world where there is no Mike and given they raised pre flop and then are getting jammed on that makes G0930 range better since its a 3 bet and also leaves you not the last to act. 33.6 BBs is too much to jam AJ off here imo. So to me, this is a pretty easy fold as I just think one of them, especially the all in raiser has AJ beat even if it is only slightly beat with an 88 or 99 hand. Mike, depending on their opening tendencies/frequencies could easily have a big hand so unless Mike is really loose and G is at least somewhat gambly or a maniac I would fold here thinking I am behind.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless there are bounties in play, or you have special information about the opponents, this is a pretty easy fold. You are in bad shape against G0930s range, and calling is for half of mike3163s stack, so against them you are risking 37BB, since you will have committed yourself, if they come back over the top. Even AQo would also be an easy toss. AQs maybe you can start to think about it, but really you want AK or a big pair to get involved here.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Easy fold.
You are not much better than a 3.5x Utg1 opening range to begin with and with the jam over that you are flipping at best with many combos blocking your clean outs and likely behind. I assume you reshoved to isolate?
If there was no raise by Mike then I could see a call of the shove with AJoff, or with no jam then a 3-bet of the open. But after such a large open and a shove, fold it. You still have a great stack that can find much better spots to put it to work.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You're going all-in for a 18-37bb haircut more often than not here with AJo against that kind of action from middle position players.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With similarly good chips, it is possible that I would have bought all-in, although @G0930 is a strong good player :), so you could expect him from the top card range in this case, so it is not certain that AJo is a good bet, but the other player his presence could have given him enough EV to play the party, unfortunately the other player's hand was overdrawn.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
It's a easy fold preflop. You had a raise and re-raise before you while you are out of position and you can expect original person who raised to pay up or go all in himself. AJ also isn't nearly as strong hand to go all in with, unless you are under 10bb. You'll most likely just be wishing to luck out and lose most of the time. You fold All Ax cards in that position, with maybe an exception of AK and even there I would consider folding.