$Freeroll NL HE MTT: is 93s a good hand to gamble from the BB after 2 callers and a raiser?

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Freeroll
Currency
$
From the BB I had 93s. Two players called, one raised, and it was on me. I decided to fold, but after seeing the turn cards I wondered if that could've been a good spot to gamble. There's always the risk of someone else reraising after me and forcing me to fold, though. Thoughts?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In this kind of spot you may get squeezed by the other two players that are left to act. If it was just button raising and you close the action, then it's ok to call that.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I literally just typed no. and deleted it cuz it seemed to pissy of a comment... then this guy does the same thing lol👍, but I mean what difference does it make what the turn card is.... you have 2 calls and a raiser pre, why just why

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha thanks everyone. It actually helps having strong answers!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a min-raise I would defend with any suited hand. The limpers are not going to limp-reraise very often at all, so I consider this almost the same as closing the action. The only hands, I fold here, is complete junk like T2o or Q3o. However "seeing the turn card" should not determine, how you view the situation. If we fold 72o preflop, and flop comes 772, we are also not thinking, that maybe we should have played it ;)

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
As mentioned, against a single raiser, this is a call from the BB. If it was an EP raise and multiple callers, not so much. In the case of 2 EP limpers and a raise—which is likely simply trying to punish the limpers—I would keep it as a call. The investment here is minimal compared to the pot and, as fundiver said, the limpers aren't thrilled with their hands or they would have raised. See the flop and be prepared to eject (or stay).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the case of 2 EP limpers and a raise—which is likely simply trying to punish the limpers—I would keep it as a call.
In my experience a min-raise over limps is almost never a strong hand, and its certainly not "punishing" anyone. If BTN had a hand like AK or JJ, he would have raised much bigger, because he would want value and protection. So when he only min-raise over two limps, its typically a hand just like the one, he actually had. Something decent enough to play but not good enough to build a big pot. Pretty much the same as the limping ranges actually.
The investment here is minimal compared to the pot and, as fundiver said, the limpers aren't thrilled with their hands or they would have raised.
And even when someone does occationally limp-reraise, Hero has a very easy decision to fold, and it only cost him 300 chips out of a 24k stack. So its not exactly the end of the world.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the BB I had 93s. Two players called, one raised, and it was on me. I decided to fold, but after seeing the turn cards I wondered if that could've been a good spot to gamble. There's always the risk of someone else reraising after me and forcing me to fold, though. Thoughts?

Poker is about math- Equilab is a program that does the math for us and is free to download and use forever-
Equilab will show you that calling there would not be profitable in the long term- which is the only way any of us can apply skill to this game

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Holding suited cards, there are different potentials and abilities. You could decide to play it, really. But most of the times a fold is the decision. There are times that I try to play such hands and they have worked. It is a matter of study of the game!

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands