Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Freeroll
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
A couple of hands that I just played that I am interested in hearing about how others would play them. First hand is early in the freeroll on ACR where we are deep and the 2nd hand is a little later on where we are, although still deep, not crazy deep.

Hand 1: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6q20Lcx0

Villain stats: 12/3/6 over 103 hands

What's your thoughts on the flop and turn as far as what you are thinking about villain and your plans for the hand?
If villain fired river (which they should have as it would have been a great bluff with Ax getting the straight and how many AK or AQ hands call two streets like that) do you call or fold?

Hand 2: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6q20LmPI

Villains stats: UTG = 39/15/3 over 212 hands UTG +1= 50/50/0 over only 4 hands

Whats your pre flop thoughts on calling vs 4 betting?
What are you doing/thinking on the flop?
My thinking was that UTG+1 3 bet range should be strong and once first villain donk led (dont ask me why they did here) that if villain two raises here then I am probably in trouble as then I am only targeting 1010 and 99 if those are even UTG+1 3 bet hands. Results O this fold looked great but not sure it is so would like everyones feedback.

All this was for naught anyway as about 10 mins after the second hand I got AA in vs KK for 200 BBs and lost

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
Even though you dont lose to much other that sets here, I likely fold turn, when he bombs it with full pot after making a very large raise on the flop. Turns out the opponent was massively overplaying his TT, and I guess, this is something, you will see more in a freeroll. Holy crab :)

Hand 2
I know, it sounds nitty, but with the action being UTG and UTG+1, and you being next to act, I just fold JJ preflop. As played though I would have a hard time folding postflop. I mean: Did you put in 10% of the effective stack just to try to flop a set? And if not then what better flop than this was you hoping for? Sure the action is a bit scary, because UTG+1 can easily have QQ+. But this is why, I just dont want to get involved here at all.

There is also the issue, that UTG can put in a 4-bet, in which case you either have to call that as well, or dont even get to see a flop. Turns out you made a good laydown, but I dont think, you should have been there in the first place. Once again we see a crazy overplay of TT, since that hand is not even supposed to 3-bet in an EP confrontation much less raise this flop in a 3-bet multiway pot :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 2
Did you put in 10% of the effective stack just to try to flop a set? And if not then what better flop than this was you hoping for? Sure the action is a bit scary, because UTG+1 can easily have QQ+. But this is why, I just dont want to get involved here at all.

We have all played a lot of hands of poker in our lives and this is a spot where to be honest, I did not know what to do in real time. I didnt want to fold although I agree looking back on it, its not a bad idea. I wasnt set mining per se but what I was doing, or attempting to do, was figure if I call then UTG has to show their colors before I have to put any more in and yes I was planning to fold to a 4 bet of any decent sizing should they have made one. I also just called since if UTG +1 is QQ+ I'm toast but if they are doing this with 99 or 1010 (my only value targets) then 4 betting from UTG+2 is probably going to get them to fold even in a freeroll. So without thinking of folding (a mistake for sure, I just didnt know what to do here and I been playing for over 10 years lol, guess thats what makes the game great) I figured raising isnt going to work out well so I called with the expectation that on the flop UTG would check, UTG+1 would bet, I would likely call and then I get to see what UTG does and would of course hope they would fold. From there see a turn and see how UTG+1 reacts to me calling on the flop.

As it turned out, UTG donk leads and as soon as I saw that I figured if UTG+1 raises here instead of calling then more than likely I am up against QQ+ (right or wrong I am just writing what was going on in my head at the time) so when I saw UTG+1 raise I figured at that point im more than likely behind since it is never AK or AQ that does that. That leaves 99,1010,QQ, KK, and AA since I heavily block JJ and I discount 99 and as we both think 1010 should not have 3 bet there either so I figured im behind. Then factor in after UTG+1 raises flop there is still UTG that I have to worry about and they could have the sets unlike imo UTG+1 so that also led me to be like Im out of this mess.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then factor in after UTG+1 raises flop there is still UTG that I have to worry about and they could have the sets unlike imo UTG+1 so that also led me to be like Im out of this mess.
Which turned out to be a good decision. We all make mistakes in poker, and there is no shame in realising them and pulling the brakes rather than continue on with something, we now realised was a bad plan, or maybe no plan at all :)