Freeroll Contest Hand #1

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knew I should have folded on the river, but just couldn't bring myself to. I probably should have raised preflop, but figured I'd limp & see a cheap flop since 99 isn't generally so great postflop. Started thinking maybe I should have raised more on the flop, but I'm sure the guy with J10 would have called any raise I made with his set, so in retrospect, I probably lost the smallest amount I could have on this hand (other than not calling on the river).

Stacks:
* MP2 with 1900
* CO with 1825
* BTN with 2060
* SB with 1415
* BB with 2220
* UTG with 4760
* MP1 with 3325

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to CO:9♥ 9♦
* * Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* * SB calls [40]
* * 4 players fold.
* * Hero calls [40]
* * 1 players fold.
* * BTN calls [20]
* * NiGhtWoLf32 checks
* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 160
Flop:
* * 10♥ 10♠ 9♠
* * BTN checks
* * NiGhtWoLf32 checks
* * SB bets [40]
* * Hero raises to 280
* * BTN calls [280]
* * 1 players fold.
* * SB calls [240]
* * Total folds this street: 1
* * Potsize: 1000
Turn:
* * 10♦
* * BTN checks
* * SB checks
* * Hero checks
* * Potsize: 1000
River:
* * 3♣
* * BTN bets [480]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero calls [480]
* * Total folds this street: 1
Results:
* * BTN shows :
* * 10♣ J♦
* * BTN wins the pot (1,960) with four of a kind, Tens

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
humm, sure, pp9 for a cheap flop...

No, raise, even if you run into this type of hand later...

even if they call, these hands happen. Called a 'cold deck', or just unlucky.

The fact you call the value bet, when you state you know you are beat, that is priceless...

98% stack off here, me included.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99 might not be so great postflop but its also not so great multiway. It has enough value to play without setmining.
A raise could give you the virtual button and get rid of a blind or both. Its much more likely to hold up HU and if you do hit your set you've already started to build the pot.

You only beat a bluff on the end but thats not unlikely with the possible draws out and only the case Ten or overpair better.
I don't think you should have raised more on the flop because we want straight and flush draws to stick around drawing dead.

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I should have raised preflop given that I was in the cutoff. Main reason I didn't was because of how loose my table was playing (this was still fairly early on) & I didn't want to commit a lot of chips to the pot yet since my stack was still pretty close to starting size. Felt great on the flop, but when the turn came I just had a wierd feeling that someone had the case 10. Which is why I just called the river bet instead of coming over the top, only reason I even called the river was because it wasn't going to hurt me too bad if I was right and would make me a decent stack if I was wrong (about the case 10). But yeah, overall it might have gone a lot differently if I had raised preflop enough to get the button to fold (not sure he would have though since his VPIP was around 46% according to my tracker).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands