Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get fed up of me posting hands all the time just say :D

This one was a real poser for me

I think I played it poorly to be honest, which is why I am posting it on here

Stage #872958209 Tourney ID 1876875 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $120 - 2007-08-27 16:07:14 (ET)
Table: 34 (real money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - SAMBO0O0 ($4930 in chips)
Seat 3 - LORI06 ($2960 in chips)
Seat 4 - CLICK4CHIPS ($2470 in chips)
Seat 5 - MICKEYP ($3520 in chips)
Seat 6 - MAKDADDY1 ($2380 in chips)
Seat 7 - STREETENDER ($2290 in chips)
Seat 8 - TJSAL ($3240 in chips)
Seat 9 - LAKE31 ($1865 in chips)
MAKDADDY1 - Posts small blind $60
STREETENDER - Posts big blind $120
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to STREETENDER [3d Kd]
TJSAL - Calls $120
LAKE31 - Calls $120
SAMBO0O0 - Folds
LORI06 - Calls $120
CLICK4CHIPS - Folds
MICKEYP - Folds
MAKDADDY1 - Calls $60
STREETENDER - Checks
*** FLOP *** [6h Kh Kc]
MAKDADDY1 - Checks
STREETENDER - Bets $600
TJSAL - Folds
LAKE31 - Folds
LORI06 - Calls $600
MAKDADDY1 - Folds
*** TURN *** [6h Kh Kc] [As]
STREETENDER - Checks
LORI06 - Checks
*** RIVER *** [6h Kh Kc As] [10s]
STREETENDER - Checks
LORI06 - Checks

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by not betting on the turn he had a chance to catch the flush if your going to bet you have to keep betting myabe check the river but the turn you have to bet to drive out his flush draw IMHO

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Problem being, if i bet again, I may as well shove the lot in, and I have to be honest, As soon as i got the call on the flop, I felt uneasy about it. I wouldn't call a bet on that board to chase a flush, and i Charged him 600 the full price of the pot, that was probably a mistake.

Although the hand was pretty boring in the end, it had a funny ending, well funny as in he had pretty much what i thought he had, which is a rare thing for me :D

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poorly is an understatement.

Stage #872958209 Tourney ID 1876875 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $120 - 2007-08-27 16:07:14 (ET)
Table: 34 (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - SAMBO0O0 ($4930 in chips)
Seat 3 - LORI06 ($2960 in chips)
Seat 4 - CLICK4CHIPS ($2470 in chips)
Seat 5 - MICKEYP ($3520 in chips)
Seat 6 - MAKDADDY1 ($2380 in chips)
Seat 7 - STREETENDER ($2290 in chips)
Seat 8 - TJSAL ($3240 in chips)
Seat 9 - LAKE31 ($1865 in chips)
MAKDADDY1 - Posts small blind $60
STREETENDER - Posts big blind $120
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to STREETENDER [3d Kd]
TJSAL - Calls $120
LAKE31 - Calls $120
SAMBO0O0 - Folds
LORI06 - Calls $120
CLICK4CHIPS - Folds
MICKEYP - Folds
MAKDADDY1 - Calls $60
STREETENDER - Checks
This part is okay, we don't have a raising here.
*** FLOP *** [6h Kh Kc]
MAKDADDY1 - Checks
STREETENDER - Bets $600
TJSAL - Folds
LAKE31 - Folds
LORI06 - Calls $600
MAKDADDY1 - Folds
Betting pot here is also okayish. I'd like a smaller bet to simulated a steal and maybe get called with worse hands on the turn. We are shutting action and turning our hand face up when we bet pot in the BB with so many to go. We are losing value here unless we know garbage hands will call this plus we get much more committed to this pot while a lot of Kings beat us.
*** TURN *** [6h Kh Kc] A♠
STREETENDER - Checks
LORI06 - Checks
Not horrible, but not optimal either. We have an opponent who called a pot size bet on an earlier street, why not bet again and see where that leads us? Do we really call if he puts us AI sensing weakness ?
*** RIVER *** [6h Kh Kc As] 10♠
STREETENDER - Checks
LORI06 - Checks
Atrocious. You have to value bet this since an Ace a ten or even a 6 might call. The chances of him having a K is slim to none after his turn check unless he is a tricky opponent.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. You played it to get caught. I can't blame you as I still do these stupid things myself.
Perhaps together we can make a breakthrough.

THE VALUE IN THE HAND IS WHAT YOU BRING HOME!

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in each of the bush girls.

Slow playing for value is slow death. If you bring it home like both you and I know it should have been done, then you are up. Otherwise you have inflicted on your owndamnself an unnecessary hurt. I suffer this same affliction. It is a wrong headed way to play. I hope to purge myself of this leak in my game this week, and hope perhaps you can accompany me through this morass.

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have lost the hand history now, can't seem to find it.

Anyway, he had KJ and won the pot, i honestly thought he had a King with a better kicker, don't know why it went through my mind as soon as he made the call. However on reflection, with how many chips i had left, I think I probably should have made my move and just took it on the chin if he had a King as he did.

Played these $5 mtt's at Absolute the past few nights now, got to around the same position each time, bout 60 left out of 300, although I had a horrible beat last night, check the bad beat section :D Had a full house on the flop, he hit runner runner jacks to make a higher one, Shame as I really played well last night, bit disapointed with myself tonight.

I think I am playing a bit to cautious to be honest, Your help with these hands is much appreciated so thank you

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the thing is, your analysis of your hand is pretty much spot on. You have a great hand, but not great enough to warrant slowplaying. The two major mistakes I see here are:

1) Too big a bet on flop
2) Hoping to show it down cheaply after your bet is called.

A smaller 2/3 pot bet would have acomplished the same thing while not producing a massive pot to your chipstack. You're right, on the turn, any bet that was reasonable (ie. price out draws) would've put you in rough shape. You could've put in a smaller bet on the turn and evaluate where you were standing afterwards. The way it was played, you could not call an AI on the turn or even worse, on the river. Luckily, the other opponent was a weak-tight donk who checked the 4th or 5th nuts on the board and you got to show it down.

But it was a tricky hand necessiting reads since it depends a lot on people willingness to limp a decent K (KJ, KQ) or to raise with it in an already limped pot.

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, I knew the biggest mistake I made was the bet size on the flop, should have been 375-400 rather than 600, think i panicked a bit, I knew as soon as I did it, and i hated the call, In fact I would have prefered an all in bet back at me I think.

People can say I didn't know he had the King, which is true, I just had that feeling you get when you know you are beat

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands