flopped top two pair on Q,J,9 board, check-raised, then was reraised.

S

Swodaems

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
* SB with 100982
* BB with 54146
* zebley33 with 82706
* BTN with 32166

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to SB:Q♥ J♦
* * Sklansky group 5
Preflop:
* * zebley33 calls [1,600] BTN raises to 3,200 Hero calls [2,400]
* * 1 players fold.
* * zebley33 calls [1,600]
* * Total folds this street: 1
* * Potsize: 9601
Flop: Q♦ 9♦ J♣ Hero checks
* * zebley33 bets [12,000] BTN raises to 28,766, and is all in Hero raises to 45,532
* * zebley33 raises to 79,306, and is all in Hero calls [33,774]
* * zebley33 shows : K♠ 10♥ BTN shows : 9♥ 9♠ Hero shows : Q♥ J♦
* * Potsize: 196979
Turn: 5♦
* * Potsize: 196979
River: J♥
* * zebley33 shows a straight, King high
* * Hero shows a full house, Jacks full of Queens Hero wins the side pot (101,080) with a full house, Jacks full of Queens
* * BTN shows a full house, Nines full of Jacks Hero wins the main pot (98,298) with a full house, Jacks full of Queens

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

I got insanely lucky this hand. Both hands surprised me here. The K10 off got me as it is a hand that I personally have a massive blind spot for. (I just can't get why people think it's a decent hand.) Before he shoved I thought that he had a draw of some sort and maybe a pair of his own to boot. The 9s I just misread as being a TPTK, or maybe a slow played pair of aces, and my reraise was an isolation bet to get rid of the draw. His shove told me that I had misread the guy or that he had a pair of draws, but I was already pot committed, so I could do was call and hope. I rivered a full house and went into heads up with a 4 to 1 chip advantage. While I got very lucky with this hand, I would like advice to avoid getting into futher trouble.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick suggestion, next time don't post the hand results because you'll get more honest and thoughtful analysis if people don't already know how the hand's going to turn out.

I'm not quite sure why K,10 is a blind spot for you, especially in this hand as it's the first thing that crossed my mind... When you say you don't understand why people think it's a decent hand, I'm assuming you mean you can't see why he'd call a pre-flop raise with it. Well, it was a min-raise, plus you called with Q,J which is a hand just as marginal as K,10.

After the flop, you've got a raise and a re-raise in front of you. I think your re-raise was a bad move. With that much action and with those straight cards on the board, you could have easily put one of your opponents on a straight (or at the very least a flopped set). Even though you flopped two pair here, there's too many hands that have you beat for you to make a re-raise.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the flop, you've got a raise and a re-raise in front of you. I think your re-raise was a bad move. With that much action and with those straight cards on the board, you could have easily put one of your opponents on a straight (or at the very least a flopped set). Even though you flopped two pair here, there's too many hands that have you beat for you to make a re-raise.

On that flop, I would have bet instead of checked. Bet about pot size or more. Sure, it didn't matter THAT time but you can't be results oriented here. With flush and straight draws, you don't want to give your opponents a free card.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that flop, I would have bet instead of checked. Bet about pot size or more. Sure, it didn't matter THAT time but you can't be results oriented here. With flush and straight draws, you don't want to give your opponents a free card.

I had to go back and read the history again to realize he checked before the other two players raised. Yes, I would have probably put out a feeler bet after the flop since I'm first to act, but after a raise and a re-raise I think I'm done.

Rememberthis1

Rememberthis1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have been very lucky here ... that smell like 10 mile away who flop he straight here

Nah, that smell like 6 mile away who flop he straight here.

I'm pretty sure you had to know you were beat when you called those 2 all-ins.

SO WHY CALL?!

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man that was a crazy freak pot. Of course you had to call the flop with your 2 pairs no matter what the bets. You got really lucky to beat a straight and a set on the river.