Flop: Q♦ 10♦ J♦

What do you do??

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With two limpers in front, you would be wiser to raise more pre-flop. You are pricing everyone in and AK is vulnerable in a multi-way pot.

You are some way from having the nuts, since you are behind to any pesky little flush, and possibly (though unlikely) to a straight flush also.

However, you do have outs. A fourth diamond on the board would make you favourite (if you are not already ahead).

There isn`t much point in leading out for less than 2000-2500 and, if you are putting in that much of your stack, you are going to be pot committed. However, if you don`t bet, one of the other players will almost certainly take it away from you.

So, it`s check/fold or it`s push. I lean towards a push, personally, but it would be nice to know where we stand in the tournament, how many left, payout structure etc. Those could be the deciding factors.

If we had bet bigger on the flop, we wouldn`t have a problem now, because we would know for sure that neither opponent would be calling with a couple of middling diamonds and we must be secure. In that event, we could afford now to check and tempt the opponents to bet into us.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise way more pf like Egon said. Depends a little on the tendencies of the limpers, but I think somewhere between 1200 and 2k is fine. If the limpers are really loose I like to raise enough that I can comfortably shove my stack in postflop without worrying about getting my cbet raised or whatever. So I'll make it like 2000 pf.

As played we obviously flop gin. Just bet standard 2/3 pot and hope someone shoves KQ or Kdx or whatever.

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1500 is my raise preflop in this situation.

On the flop I'm trying to get the rest in. As played, I'm still trying to get it in on the flop. You have the nut straight and the nut draw. I'm not going to scare myself away by assuming a straight flush is even a possibility here.

norbs286

norbs286

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks.
Details are - It's a MTT, 360 players, ~90 are left, 36 are ITM

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I can add 15% to my stack just by getting limpers to fold preflop, I just shove over.

As played, I also just shove the flop. It looks like more like a draw from Adx (which is true) and we crush the range of hands that will call.

C

chigal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maximizing take

Since you can't go back and price them out of the call, and now you've got
the nuts almost surely to the showdown, luckily, wouldn't you only be trying to stack the other low stack and get the max from big stack?

I would bet a half pot c-bet (more tempting/weaker seeming??) and hope for both to call all the way down to showdown. If you are willing to shove your
AK, I don't see how you could even consider that you are beatable on this flop.
If someone has the little d flush, well bad luck, no turning back now.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I read the hand right, you're on the button right? In that case, was it checked to you?

I would just standard value bet the flop and hope someone comes over the top.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um... dont check/fold, you have a great hand and want to get the money in. I just make a normal cbet here and hope someone hit something which is fairly likely here and just try to get it in, you are in good shape.

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet out for about 3/4 of the pot. At this point, worst case scenario is that you have about a 35% chance on winning (by hitting the flush) and there's a decent chance you're way ahead now.

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ow, nut straight but theres possible flush... This is bad.. If others check, go and bet like 900, if they call and the turn is again diamond.. Just fold if they bet / push all in.. :( If others bet at flop, just call. Nut flush is still hard hand in that flop, i dont think so that somebody got so lucky that he flopped flush.

Last edited:
KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's checked round to you bet the pot. Your still ahead at this point and anyone with a flush draw will have to pay to play. With 90 people left and the blinds this high you may as well make a stand now with this hand as you might not get a better chance. Anyone with top pair top kicker will call you on a flush straight or bluff and your already miles ahead.

If it's raised heavily before you... then you need to use your profiling skills from what you've picked up from the game to give you an idea of what there up too. If it was me and i was new to the table i'd push all in, as mentioned before your not probably going to get a better chance.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ow, nut straight but theres possible flush... This is bad.. If others check, go and bet like 900, if they call and the turn is again diamond.. Just fold if they bet / push all in.. :( If others bet at flop, just call. Nut flush is still hard hand in that flop, i dont think so that somebody got so lucky that he flopped flush.

He has the Ad... Furthermore, the Q, J, T are on the board. The only made flushes would be hands like K9, 98, 87 which I wouldn't really consider at this point unless you have a ridiculous read.

If they are on a diamond draw, it's much more likely they have something like KQ or 99 with one diamond in which case you're in a great situation.

norbs286

norbs286

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for your input.

Most of you would've bet more than I did, in this case, nothing would've get the callers off their hands in my opinion, here is what happened:

DEFYHOPE: checks
rogerlamothe: bets 4588 and is all-in
norbs286: raises 652 to 5240 and is all-in
DEFYHOPE: calls 5240
*** TURN *** [Qd Td Jd] [9d]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Td Jd 9d] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
DEFYHOPE: shows [7d 8d] (a straight flush, Eight to Queen)
norbs286: shows [Ad Ks] (a flush, Ace high)
DEFYHOPE collected 1304 from side pot
rogerlamothe: shows [Js 9s] (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
DEFYHOPE collected 17114 from main pot