Flat tire issue, sort of.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live NL Holdem sit n go. 4 people left. Blinds 100/200.
Hero big blind with J4 (flat tire) off suit.
Folded to SB who calls and I check. We both have about 5k in chips (the two big stacks at this point.)

Flop is Jh 7c 5c . SB bets 200, I riase it to 400 (see where he stands), he calls quickly.

Turn is a 5d. He checks. I bet out 800. He thinks for a couple of seconds and folds and show Jc3c. To push his buttons I show J4. It would have been a split pot if he had just called.

He goes off, what the hell did you raising for on the turn when I called so fast your reraise. I called so fast you should have know that I had a J. Weren't you afraid of your kicker?.....(this goes on for the next 3 hands).

I am just smiling and politely and finally say,
#1 By reraising I took control of the hand from you and became the aggressor. You showed weakness on the turn so I jumped at it and got you to fold. :D You could have called. You still had top pair. You think I would reraise with the 3rd pair on the board?
#2 One of the standard tells of a made hand vs a drawing hand is how fast you call a bet. On a drawing hand most people will call fast because there is nothing to think about except hitting the next card. If you would have thought about my reraise on the flop, I might have put you on the J, 7 or 5 since you would have to analyse the situation more to see if your hand was still good.:p You didn't so I put you on the draw. Not my fault you folded a split pot.

That set him on tilt :eek: and i proceeded to wipe him out.

I thought the situation was funny and so did some others after he left. I had such a read on him and out played him on that one hand he lost it and finished 4th.

Was I being a jerk by saying these to his face. He just would not let it go. I am starting to feel bad a couple of hours later.:(

Last edited:
robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feeling bad cos you caused a jerk to kick himself out of a tournament!? He should have smiled sweetly when you showed him your cards and secretly thanked you for the info, not kicked off like an idiot. The hand was no big deal - you both had dodgy hands, and you won a small pot by having more balls than him, simple as that.

KillerKat

KillerKat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont feel bad, you just out played him, good on you for that.

He's just a twat.:)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't show my hand when I fold. He was just asking for an agrument.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
I wouldn't show my hand when I fold. He was just asking for an agrument.

That is an interesting thought. Is it worth being yelled at by a stranger for a little while to try and put him on tilt. I'll start a new thread about that too. I have never seen one about that subject.