Flat tire issue, sort of.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Total posts
Live NL Holdem sit n go. 4 people left. Blinds 100/200.
Hero big blind with J4 (flat tire) off suit.
Folded to SB who calls and I check. We both have about 5k in chips (the two big stacks at this point.)

Flop is Jh 7c 5c . SB bets 200, I riase it to 400 (see where he stands), he calls quickly.

Turn is a 5d. He checks. I bet out 800. He thinks for a couple of seconds and folds and show Jc3c. To push his buttons I show J4. It would have been a split pot if he had just called.

He goes off, what the hell did you raising for on the turn when I called so fast your reraise. I called so fast you should have know that I had a J. Weren't you afraid of your kicker?.....(this goes on for the next 3 hands).

I am just smiling and politely and finally say,
#1 By reraising I took control of the hand from you and became the aggressor. You showed weakness on the turn so I jumped at it and got you to fold. :D You could have called. You still had top pair. You think I would reraise with the 3rd pair on the board?
#2 One of the standard tells of a made hand vs a drawing hand is how fast you call a bet. On a drawing hand most people will call fast because there is nothing to think about except hitting the next card. If you would have thought about my reraise on the flop, I might have put you on the J, 7 or 5 since you would have to analyse the situation more to see if your hand was still good.:p You didn't so I put you on the draw. Not my fault you folded a split pot.

That set him on tilt :eek: and i proceeded to wipe him out.

I thought the situation was funny and so did some others after he left. I had such a read on him and out played him on that one hand he lost it and finished 4th.

Was I being a jerk by saying these to his face. He just would not let it go. I am starting to feel bad a couple of hours later.:(

Last edited:
robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Feeling bad cos you caused a jerk to kick himself out of a tournament!? He should have smiled sweetly when you showed him your cards and secretly thanked you for the info, not kicked off like an idiot. The hand was no big deal - you both had dodgy hands, and you won a small pot by having more balls than him, simple as that.

KillerKat

KillerKat

Total posts
Dont feel bad, you just out played him, good on you for that.

He's just a twat.:)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I wouldn't show my hand when I fold. He was just asking for an agrument.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Total posts
t1riel said:
I wouldn't show my hand when I fold. He was just asking for an agrument.

That is an interesting thought. Is it worth being yelled at by a stranger for a little while to try and put him on tilt. I'll start a new thread about that too. I have never seen one about that subject.