Final 3 PS Sit N Go

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button (t6855)
SB (t2130)
Hero (t4515)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6
spade.gif
, 5
club.gif
Button calls t150, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t450) 5
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to check, let the button have a stab, if he has an A, and then call, check raise the turn as long as no A comes on the turn, if button checks do 1/3rd pot bet on turn as long as no A hits. You can't be worried about a better 5 really, and if a pocket pr fills on the turn- well thats poker.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your reads?

What is your table image?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Image: TAG
Reads: Button likes to limp with middle pairs, bigger hands. Likes to get to turn before making pot committing bets if he has a hand. Looser than me but still fairly reasonable starting hand requirements (have seen him play Q9 suited at 5 handed). SB is fairly weak and easy read -- bets when he has it, folds if doesn't connect with flop.

I would have commanding chip lead if it weren't for earlier hand (when still had 8 people) in which I had JJ, button had QQ and I bet every street on board (9 high for the community cards). Fortunately I didn't get carried away and go broke. Button called me down -- probably wasn't sure if my PF raise and near pot sized bet on flop in that hand represented possibly KK/AA or set. Left me crippled, but I clawed back to this point.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's start with a pot sized 450 bet or whatever your normal bet has been when betting out at the flop. We don't want to show too much strength yet. Both a big bet and mini bet show strength. A big bet would probably be better than a small bet if you want to be tricky, it could appear as a steal in villains eyes.

Right now I would take the A's and any pairs out of villains range, leaving only a higher set that could have you beat. If you think that you can get villain to bet the flop or turn a check here would definately not be a bad play.

In fact, I think I slowplay this and check here with both villains to act. If it is checked down I lead the turn at 450 no matter what.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, I think I slowplay this and check here with both villains to act. If it is checked down I lead the turn at 450 no matter what.

Agreed.

Since there was no PF raise, I can't put either guy on a pair or an ace.
So, a big bet is likely going to get everyone to fold. A min bet will possibly get both to fold as well unless one of them has 2 hearts. I think this is a good example of when you need to give a free card and hope the opponents somehow catch up on the turn. In the rare event that someone has 2 hearts and a non-pairing heart hits the turn, oh well. In that case I will lose but not go broke. Goal is to let them catch up and then delay building the pot until the turn. If they have the case 5, then that's just a cold deck and I'll have to go broke.

spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.
Turn: (t450) 8
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that you gain anything by waiting for the river. Make your standard bet, nothing tricky.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I misplayed it here by betting too little. Should've bet about 2/3 pot (300) or so.

Button (t6855)
SB (t2130)
Hero (t4515)
spade.gif
, 5
club.gif
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t150, Button calls t150, SB folds.
River: (t750) 6
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero ?

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
~450 will get a call from Ax or maybe an 8. Flush is obviously gonna give you action.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
~450 will get a call from Ax or maybe an 8. Flush is obviously gonna give you action.

And HOW!!!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)
Button (t6855)
SB (t2130)
Hero (t4515)
spade.gif
, 5
club.gif
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t150, Button calls t150, SB folds.
River: (t750) 6
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t450, Button raises to t900, Hero raises to t2100, Button raises to t3300, Hero raises to t5865, Button calls t915.
Final Pot: t10830
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BabyHumvee: shows :6s4: :5c4: (a full house, Fives full of Sixes)
married06: shows :7h4: :kh4: (a flush, Ace high)
BabyHumvee collected 9180 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9180 | Rake 0
Board :5s4: :ah4: :5h4: :8s4: :6h4:
Seat 3: married06 (button) showed :7h4: :kh4: and lost with a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: Kimibear21 (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 9: BabyHumvee (big blind) showed :6s4: :5c4: and won (9180) with a full house, Fives full of Sixes

Attachments

• First Stars Sit N Go Win.JPG
    First Stars Sit N Go Win.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Play!

I probably would have just pushed after the initial reraise, but who knows.

Congrats on the win!