A10s.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5
C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold mate. you still have a nice stack, blinds are that high and your trying to place not win remember. I like that move, well done.

H

hurricanebezy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD! There's not enough money in the pot to risk $750 worth of your chips. I see this as an easy fold even if the opponent does half 1/3 the chips you have.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A10 suited from the SB is a strong hand so I wanted to see what others thought of my fold. I thought about calling for a bit and then of course folded.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AT suited from the small blind is only a strong hand if everyone folds around to you and its just you and the BB.

easy fold, imo. And given the format of the double or nothing, a no brainer.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold!!
if i understand right, when half the field doubles up the game is over, which leaves 5 w/ $5.
so why take any chances!! we all know at this point, calling that bet would just be gambling!! according to this specific game all you need to do is double up and keep it. :smile:

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A10 suited in the small blind facing an open shove is not a strong hand. folding is not only the correct move, it's the only move.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hands would have been ok to call with here. AA KK QQ JJ? Anything else?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the better question is what kind of hand do you think you are going to beat with A10 suited?

even against a small pocket pair, you are racing.

villian is UTG+3. what kind of hand is he going to push in that posistion. even with the sit out, there are still 6 players left to act. his shove shows strength. more strength than you have. even if he is shoving something like KQ, you are only a 60 40 favorite with his two live cards.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chiefer....what I meant to ask was what hand would I need to have in the same position in order to make this call instead of folding like I did?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, let's think about this for a minute. vilian has gotten himself shortstacked. how did this happen? has he been playing loose or did he take a beat? any reads are crucial. vilian is putting all his chips in preflop. so what kind of hands is he putting his tournament life at risk with. that is the more important question, until we answer that, we can't really decide on what kind of hand we need to call.

obviously AA, KK, QQ, JJ, are all good. you may be racing with AK, AQ, suited.

say for example he has JJ or 10 10, both are good enough to shove shortstacked. against A10 suited, you are a 65 35 dog. AK and AQ suited are 55 45 dogs, close enough to a race for me. i don't like racing for more than a third of my chips.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chiefer.....thanks for the detailed reply it is helpful. Hopefully I will have good enough notes on a player the next time this situation comes up.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i understand the fold and probably would have folded too...
but, the fact that he has only 7 BBs left and is one spot from being in the blinds again, his range drops dramatically... KQ,KJ,A9,A8 small pocket pair... so I think you may actually call this, also cause lets say you lose the hand... you still have around 2000 which is more than anyone else..

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chiefer.....thanks for the detailed reply it is helpful.

It is detailed, but does it take into account the unique qualities of these pay 5 sit n go's? Small stack has done exactly the right thing here to push - who ever calls bets in these games?

There's 2 ways you can play the game from here. Either call, hope you have a coin toss (or better) take out one more player and pretty much guarantee a cash, or just stay away from everything, and hope you've got enough chips to last to top 5. I'd fold this in an absolute nano-second in a normal SnG. In a double or nothing? I'd seriously consider calling.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vilian is putting all his chips in preflop. so what kind of hands is he putting his tournament life at risk with.

I don't know whether you have played any of these 10 player, pay 5 equally Sit n go's. Generally people don't call bets. They don't want to get far out of the top 5, and they play much tighter and don't chase draws/bets. If small stack has lost a confrontation or missed a draw, then this is 100% what he should do, with any 2 - because players aren't taking an early punt to try and catch a hand get a big stack ith which they can go for first place - they are simply trying to survive, from the moment the first cards are dealt.

This means imo, if you have enough chips to spare, you can lower your calling requirements.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree but if I cold call there is still the BB to act. If I was the BB here I would have called. Thinking back on the hand i was thinking alot about if i needed to go all in to scare out BB but what if he called. then half my stack is gone if he wins it and a third is gone if shorty wins it. I also double up shorty and give him better ground to make a successful comeback.

i understand the fold and probably would have folded too...
but, the fact that he has only 7 BBs left and is one spot from being in the blinds again, his range drops dramatically... KQ,KJ,A9,A8 small pocket pair... so I think you may actually call this, also cause lets say you lose the hand... you still have around 2000 which is more than anyone else..

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rob....you are right in that these games are played way differently. You are right in that I will fold better hands to stay out of the way in these games more often as i don't want to contribute to a shortstack comeback. But the fact remains that A10s is not great hand to have with an all in and one person left to act after me. And that is what made my ultiate choice to fold I guess.

It is detailed, but does it take into account the unique qualities of these pay 5 sit n go's? Small stack has done exactly the right thing here to push - who ever calls bets in these games?
There's 2 ways you can play the game from here. Either call, hope you have a coin toss (or better) take out one more player and pretty much guarantee a cash, or just stay away from everything, and hope you've got enough chips to last to top 5. I'd fold this in an absolute nano-second in a normal SnG. In a double or nothing? I'd seriously consider calling.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is detailed, but does it take into account the unique qualities of these pay 5 sit n go's?

yes. you keep calling with A10 suited and see where it gets you. it's gonna get you a long term loser.

Small stack has done exactly the right thing here to push - who ever calls bets in these games?

There's 2 ways you can play the game from here. Either call, hope you have a coin toss (or better) take out one more player and pretty much guarantee a cash, or just stay away from everything, and hope you've got enough chips to last to top 5. I'd fold this in an absolute nano-second in a normal SnG. In a double or nothing? I'd seriously consider calling.[/quote]

the gambler^^^

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played 9 of these $5.20 Double or Nothing turbo SNG's in the last couple of days and I have won 7 lost 2.

I think it's an easy fold. Like Chiefer77 said above. Why is he shortstacked?

If he's steaming from a bad beat and has shoved all in the last 5 consecutive hands then I would seriously think about it, otherwise it's not worth calling. You have chips and there is still a little while to go. Find a better place to put your chips in.

I usually only play 1 of these at a time and you can see the players who are desperately hoping to hold on to their chips and make the top 5, making them easy targets to steal blinds.

Slightly off topic. I looked you up on sharkscope and if you don't mind me saying it's good to see you getting that graph heading back up. No doubt due to some solid play at the tables after everything you have learned at CardsChat. There are some great posts on here regarding good bankroll management. Helped me a lot when I first started a long time ago.

Good fold.

Attachments

• kmixer.GIF
    kmixer.GIF
    11.1 KB · Views: 5
M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree but if I cold call there is still the BB to act. If I was the BB here I would have called. Thinking back on the hand i was thinking alot about if i needed to go all in to scare out BB but what if he called. then half my stack is gone if he wins it and a third is gone if shorty wins it. I also double up shorty and give him better ground to make a successful comeback.

i seriously doubt the BB is gonna call unless he has QQ,KK or AA... maybe AK... and there is no reason to put him on one of those hands..
would he wanna risk it with any worse hand with an allin and a call in front of him? i think you may call, depending on ur read and idea of the allin-guy... theres no way the BB is gonna call, if he s in he s gonna shove it...
and that would be another 400 into a 2400 pot... easy call...