Donkey play in a satellite - you decide who's the bigger one

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently playing in Stars 400 FPP EPT satellite (1 in 10 advance to next round) - this hand just happened a few minutes ago...you decide who the bigger donkey here is:

pokerstars Game #5626078401: Tournament #28041088, 400FPP Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2006/07/20 - 22:16:01 (ET)
Table '28041088 5' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: MRMalibu67 (2101 in chips)
Seat 2: vanthai (1750 in chips)
Seat 3: Boods31 (1937 in chips)
Seat 4: BKrywko1 (1440 in chips) - Haven't had much to play with early on - I'm content to be patient a bit here
Seat 5: clowpone (832 in chips)
Seat 6: GRM REAPER (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: K1LLER^B^ (1360 in chips)
Seat 8: thopra (1810 in chips)
Seat 9: notFlipside (550 in chips)
BKrywko1: posts small blind 15
clowpone: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BKrywko1 [Kh Ad] - First ace, and second paint seen so far
GRM REAPER: folds
K1LLER^B^: folds
thopra: folds
notFlipside: folds
MRMalibu67: calls 30
vanthai: raises 90 to 120
Boods31: folds
BKrywko1: raises 240 to 360 - vanthai's shown his blind steal hands off a couple hands previously - any 2 will do.
clowpone: calls 330 - 40% of his stack here, and just calls??
MRMalibu67: folds
vanthai: folds
*** FLOP *** [2d 5c 9c] - not the flop i wanted to see, really. Unless I want to be a PSWN (puss suit wearing Nancy, if you didn't know). If I'm behind here to a pair, I still have outs...if he's on a draw, let's be aggressive and make him pay to make a decision here.
BKrywko1: bets 472
clowpone: calls 472 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [2d 5c 9c] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [2d 5c 9c Th] [Ts]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BKrywko1: shows [Kh Ad] (a pair of Tens)
clowpone: shows [4c Kc] (a pair of Tens - lower kicker) :eek:
BKrywko1 collected 1814 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1814 | Rake 0
Board [2d 5c 9c Th Ts]
Seat 1: MRMalibu67 folded before Flop
Seat 2: vanthai folded before Flop
Seat 3: Boods31 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: BKrywko1 (small blind) showed [Kh Ad] and won (1814) with a pair of Tens
Seat 5: clowpone (big blind) showed [4c Kc] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 6: GRM REAPER folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: K1LLER^B^ folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: thopra folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: notFlipside folded before Flop (didn't bet)

If he's not a short stack like this, I'm pretty sure I don't make this play here - but I'm positive I got away with a donkey play here. Comments more than welcome.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so when he is calling 40% of his stack he don't have much.. just hoping to hit something... had that last night myself.. a read on someone who got mad cause I wouldn't fold cause I knew I had him beat based apon his reads... so on the flop you are better off no matter what if you didn't so didn't they.... so any push and they call is hope and wish playing.. hope and wish to hit the flop

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I figured with his stack size, if he had a really good hand he would have just reraised me all-in before the flop - HU my play is much easier to make than in a multi-player pot

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people like suited cards. I do as well A anything K anything suited for at least a cheap flop. But if its most of my stack I'd wait for something better. I understand your bet you are trying to protect your preflop raise. He had a flush draw so he had to call.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know some players that will play either King-x or suited anything. They usually call a big raise with it. I don't understand why but if they want to lose a lot of chips, that's their business.
As soon as the flop came, I think he wanted to chase the flush. You made him put the rest of his chips on the line to do it. Good job!:)

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made the right move here.

As you stated earlier, people must pay when chasing their draw etc.

A little bit confused as to why you would possibly not have made this call if the other person had Chip Parity???

:withstupi

Poker Tells