Donkey encounter NLHE live tourney

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here I am final table 30 man live basement tourney, donkeys abound.
When we merge to final villain sits with over 1/2 tourney chips. He then proceeds to donk off most of his stack with horrible calls and amazing luck.
Fast forward, 3 players left: blinds 300, 600.
Payouts 3rd $75
2nd $150
1st $300

villain down to 3500 chips, me 5000 chips and chipleader about 20k chips.

Dealer leader folds
sb me A9o raise 2.5x BB
bb villain calls.

Flop: 9 5 2 rainbow

to be continued

jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
please continue...............

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here I am final table 30 man live basement tourney, donkeys abound.
When we merge to final villain sits with over 1/2 tourney chips. He then proceeds to donk off most of his stack with horrible calls and amazing luck.
Fast forward, 3 players left: blinds 300, 600.
Payouts 3rd $75
2nd $150
1st $300

villain down to 3500 chips, me 5000 chips and chipleader about 20k chips.

Dealer leader folds
sb me A9o raise 2.5x BB
bb villain calls.

Flop: 9 5 2 rainbow

Villain shows K7o

Turn 8
River 6

dbl gutshot happening to this guy all night.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let this be a lesson for all women invited into a basement with 30 men and a bunch of donkeys :eek:.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's obviously some action missing there - 2.5BB is only 1500 so the villain with the 3500 stack (assuming that's who's sitting in the big blind, it's not clear) still had 2000 left on the flop.

How the chips got in, and when if it wasn't the flop, is important if there's going to be any meaningful analysis of this.

Unless this is just a vent about a bad beat... in which case, it's in the wrong forum.

52poutanes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with the blinds at 300/600 and only 3 handed at this stage, i would be just shoving pre flop...remember u have less than 10 bbs and your opponent has less than 6 bbs...shoving here is a winner in the long term...A9, 3 handed against a random hand in the bb is going to be ahead of his range almost always...its better to win the blinds and antes without a showdown...if he calls, so be it, you are ahead...hes probably not folding anyway whether u shove or raise so the result would be the same anyway....put your opponent to a decision pre flop in this spot.

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess im in the wrong forum

There's obviously some action missing there - 2.5BB is only 1500 so the villain with the 3500 stack (assuming that's who's sitting in the big blind, it's not clear) still had 2000 left on the flop.

How the chips got in, and when if it wasn't the flop, is important if there's going to be any meaningful analysis of this.

Unless this is just a vent about a bad beat... in which case, it's in the wrong forum.

Yeah, I pushed allin after the flop.
Def a Bad beat, I guess I'm in the wrong forum. sorry

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem. There's a brags and bad beats forum if you just want to vent about this stuff.

So there's just a smidgen of analysis in this thread though, 52 has a point: there's nothing wrong with shoving this pre-flop - you're both fairly committed if he calls your 2.5BB raise anyway.

As played, if you shoved TPTK on the flop and he called with king high... can't fault the play, it's just a particularly nasty beat.

Organize a Home Poker Game