MP2 mucked and WON 9,900 (+6,600 NET)

Thoughts?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His stack is tiny, he's in a prime stealing position, and doesn't need much to push here - you're way ahead of his range and should be pushing here every single time unless you've got some great reads that he is an extremely tight nit.

C

cpett

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He had been playing pretty tight. He showed a lot of low pairs and I didn't think putting the bulk of my stack in here on a coin flip to a small pair was a good idea. Maybe it was wrong and he was bluffing but I don't think so.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well we can't narrow his range down to only pairs - his push includes a lot of aces, a good chunk of Kx hands and maybe others if he's strong enough (he should be pushing a pretty wide range here).

We're well ahead anyone but an absolute rock's range here and should push here almost all the time.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg, people need to stop looking for ridiculous spots to fold AK and KK preflop. call

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm even if villain only does this with something like 88+/AQ+/KQs then it's a call, and in practice villain will be pushing more lightly than this.

Also, read this. :)

Last edited:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on a 88+, AJ+, KQ range then p/stove puts us at 55.6/44.4 ahead of this range, you add in some random stuff then were edging ahead quite clearly. As said unless you have mega reads on villain only pushing JJ+, AK, then it's a call.

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If ur oppt is tight and low stake and goin all in mostly on low pairs, its good enough asumption that u need to gamble if u hav 2 over cards bc ur getting good money bk if u catch ur cards eventually .

F

fellowswheel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call, you say they showed small pairs earlier was it after they did an all in, if a player is going all in with small pairs then showing them in my mind they are playing loose, but think they are playing tight, I would have called you likely were up against A J, A10,or A9. Maybe even Kj.

Last edited:
F

FoldIFiwereyou

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it this way...you are a coin flip with with only about 20% of his range here...the rest of the time you are waaaay ahead...basically you are freerolling in a 20%/80% spot to have him killed....why not take advantage?

-my first post...Hello everyone!!!

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EV-wise, it doesn't matter if he flips over 22. There's 4500 dead in the pot. You risk about 35000 to win 40000. The EV is about right for a call. Plus, you might get overcalled by QQ, JJ, TT, etc. behind you, which is a great situation for AK.

Add to that even a small chance of an unpaired hand, and it seems like a clearly profitable call.

Personally, I don't even think about folding AK to a preflop open all-in unless the guy has an M of 20 or something like that.

T

tiltedaces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Slick

I will call any all in with AK unless there is a 3 bet in front of me... meaning i'm in late position and there's a raise, reraise and reraise in front of me other wise you push with it most of the time you'll be ahead if not in a coin flip situation which isn't necessarily a bad thing you'll come out on top alot

Last edited by a moderator:
S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his range could be anything from 8-8 thru A-A and A-10s thru A-K...
he also may have been making a play at the pot trying to take it down pre flop.. i insta call here ..

Folding in Poker