Criticised for calling with the nuts?

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in an SnG on full tilt, it was about 6 hands in an i got dealth 75o on the BB, UTG calls, call, fold, call, call, fold, button folds, SB folds.
I flopped the nuts of 346. I checked, UTG bet, next to him RR, all fold, i push all in, thinking im against an over pair an maybe TPTK, UTG calls, other guy calls, UTG shows AA, an next guy shows TRIP 6s, the turn was a X then the board paired givin my opponent the FULL.
I later spoke to my friend about this an all he could do i critiscise that i played passively from the blinds POST flop an it was junk!

Was i copletley wrong in thinkin my flopped nuts straight wasn't good enough to go all-in!!?

LOL excuse the typos its cold an my hands are numb from typing ;)

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got your money in when you were ahead and got sucked out on the river. sounds like you played it correctly to me. It's easy to say you were wrong becuase you ultimately lost but I think this was just a bad beat. I am certainly no expert though.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got your money in when you were ahead and got sucked out on the river. sounds like you played it correctly to me. It's easy to say you were wrong becuase you ultimately lost but I think this was just a bad beat. I am certainly no expert though.

Agree....

With that flop it is hard to argue against your slow play even. We all like to think/hope our opponents have some poker savvy, and in this case they each actually showed some.

The guy with AA, can't be thinking anyone has filled, nor can the guy with trips. Until you shove that is. Then the AA guy had to consider the possibility you had filled, while the trips guys can't lay it down, and starts praying for the board to pair.

This, however unhappily, was NOT a hand to feel bad about. This was one of the hands that makes the game as exciting as it can be.

Next time you win it!

As for your friend.... In this hand aggressiveness post flop was only delayed, not deferred. Had you lead out, they would have responded the same.
The worst play was from the guy with AA who was passive preflop. You're friend is wrong in this case.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your friend thinks going all in with the nuts is wrong, sounds like a want to be on his table. Although i have seen one guy flat call quads on river (Nuts aswell, no poss quad on quads) so maybe he was your friend. The hand sort of played itself. You got your money in with the best of it. Tough for the set to fold, i couldnt have folded it. I probably would have gone bust with aces aswell, raising pre flop with them and being called by the 6's to hit set

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol by definition you want to get all-in with the nuts....

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to play your friend, badly.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well played , I wouldn't change a thing . :)

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't take poker advice from your friend. You played it perfectly.