Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both from a $10/180-man sng on stars

#1, villain is a typical overly loose donk

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed)

SB (t3315)
Hero (t4185)
UTG (t1865)
UTG+1 (t3955)
MP1 (t2210)
MP2 (t3070)
MP3 (t13188)
CO (t4690)
Button (t4650)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
heart.gif
, J
club.gif
2 folds, MP1 calls t100, 1 fold, MP3 calls t100, 1 fold, Button calls t100, SB completes, Hero raises to t500, MP1 folds, MP3 calls t400, Button folds, SB calls t400.

Flop: (t1700) 2
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t900, MP3 calls t900, SB folds.

Turn: (t3500) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (t3500) Q
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets t1700, Hero ???

---

#2, villain is another overly loose donk, he's not shoved for 5*pot before though lol

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed)

CO (t3799)
Button (t1838)
SB (t8323)
BB (t2285)
UTG (t8460)
MP1 (t1615)
Hero (t7758)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
UTG calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t800, 4 folds, UTG calls t600.

Flop: (t1900) 8
heart.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 4
club.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets t7660 (All-In), Hero ???

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st set

very tough decision on your part. I think you played everything okay....ummm very tough....I think I would have taken a coin and flipped it to make my decision...sorry I could not help you more....anyway i am curious to know what happened.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 = fold. Looks too much like a value bet to me, and I really don't see him doing this without Qh+. Don't think you have enough chips to make this call and comeback without some great cards and even better action in the near future...

#2 = autocall. Donks w/99-JJ does this soooo often (SEE MISCHMAN"S DONKLUCKCARDRACK 99 HAND IN $10 RING). Either that or you're racing w/ AKc.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had had the Th, I'd have folded every time. Qh I would have called every time. Sucks to have the jack. I'd go with the above mentioned cointoss and curse/bless my bad/good luck after I see the showdown.

I insta-call the second hand. A hand that you can't beat isn't usually desperate to knock you out of this pot.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second hand is probably Ace 8 or something. id call.

First id probably fold i think. His flop call makes me think he likely has a high heart.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand 1 I think is a fold, though I really don't get his turn check-behind if he did have the nut flush. maybe he's going on the thought of "everyone in these is a donk if I check turn here maybe I can get him to bet river"

hand 2= instacall

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry, lol, but I just noticed this, great sig. Dorkus......looool.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First one - because you said villian is an overly loose donk I would struggle with that fold - but then again I get my ass kicked on a regular basis lol.

I would call the 2nd one as well but would be quite nervous since he had not gone that high with his betting before.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#2 is a really easy call, though I used half my time bank (no shame in doing that with so many chips at stake!). I essentially thought villain could have almost anything here, and we are far enough ahead of anything to justify calling.

He turned up 43o (my hand held). The play at these 180 man donkngos is great! :eek:

#1 is far more interesting. Surely villain, if he has a high heart, should be interested in getting me to commit my stack? Easy enough to do by betting the turn - if he bets the turn I pretty much have to shove or fold there and then (Im not calling and folding the river of course, lol), though even if I do call for some reason he can (and will) of course easily commit my stack on the river. There is also pretty much no card that can come on the river that will make me more likely to call a bet (unless i have a set or bizarre 2-pair and fill up, thus beating his flush), so checking to "let me catch up" is a bit redundant.

So I was willing to "pay him off". I thought there was enough of a chance he either (a) was bluffing with nothing or (b) was what he thought to be value betting with a medium heart given that I checked the turn. Plus if I call and lose, it isnt the end of the world - I still have a workable stack

I called, he turned up AcTh. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Dorkus, both of these hands are a prime example of why these tourneys are so easily profitable.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#2 is a really easy call, though I used half my time bank (no shame in doing that with so many chips at stake!). I essentially thought villain could have almost anything here, and we are far enough ahead of anything to justify calling.

He turned up 43o (my hand held). The play at these 180 man donkngos is great! :eek:

#1 is far more interesting. Surely villain, if he has a high heart, should be interested in getting me to commit my stack? Easy enough to do by betting the turn - if he bets the turn I pretty much have to shove or fold there and then (Im not calling and folding the river of course, lol), though even if I do call for some reason he can (and will) of course easily commit my stack on the river. There is also pretty much no card that can come on the river that will make me more likely to call a bet (unless i have a set or bizarre 2-pair and fill up, thus beating his flush), so checking to "let me catch up" is a bit redundant.

So I was willing to "pay him off". I thought there was enough of a chance he either (a) was bluffing with nothing or (b) was what he thought to be value betting with a medium heart given that I checked the turn. Plus if I call and lose, it isnt the end of the world - I still have a workable stack

I called, he turned up AcTh. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

your read was spot on then, not much to add.

But many when a scary card comes on turn and you check it and theyre holding the nuts and position, wouldnt want to scare you off of it right away, and hope youd take a stab at it on river and reraise you then. So its not to let you catch up but rather to cast a bit of doubt on strength of his hand, or hoping youll take another shot at it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands