edu126598**wins the pot: $29566

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea this was played fine...no need to get creative with a raise from the BB over a limper preflop...the flop call was fine despite the fact that he overbet as with a FD/2overs/gutshot we still have around 63% equity...once the turn blanks folding is fine as we don't need to risk what is nearly all of our stack on a 40% chance of hitting vs a pair.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it's good fold by you, I would fold to.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all because I was this maybe I should have been the aggressor in this hand with so many outs..................bet ur responses would've somewhat differed if the club came huh?

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all because I was this maybe I should have been the aggressor in this hand with so many outs..................bet ur responses would've somewhat differed if the club came huh?
fold was ok on Turn, possibly semi bluff the flop only other thing you could have done different in the hand with so many outs although would have been a cooler if they had something like Ac6C!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played.You dont necessarily need to risk the whole stack just to make the call.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the info you have on the villains,

in the flop you had 18 cards (out of 47) that gave you the hand, and 2 cards to go (around 80 pct), so easily you can reraise them after the flop

but anyway you were going to lose, why? because the guy with AK (playing very awful by the way) was not going to fold (the kind of player who thinks AK are undefeatable no matter what)

S

steviewayne69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jamaican kid, I guess the simple answer to your question, as with my major of finance is it depends. In this scenario, If you had an idea of what his hand was, prior then the two over cards with the flush card were an acceptable call given that your perceived outs were 15, although with the two to one on your money at the time you called the math says that it wasn't right, not until AK called. I think I would have done the same thing in your position, especially if you're healthy in the tournament. Add to this the AK dude who thinks that his hand is good regardless of board consistency, and the three person variable the fold at the paired board was absolutely correct.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jamaican kid, I guess the simple answer to your question, as with my major of finance is it depends. In this scenario, If you had an idea of what his hand was, prior then the two over cards with the flush card were an acceptable call given that your perceived outs were 15, although with the two to one on your money at the time you called the math says that it wasn't right, not until AK called. I think I would have done the same thing in your position, especially if you're healthy in the tournament. Add to this the AK dude who thinks that his hand is good regardless of board consistency, and the three person variable the fold at the paired board was absolutely correct.

great answer...very analytic :)

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the info you have on the villains,

in the flop you had 18 cards (out of 47) that gave you the hand, and 2 cards to go (around 80 pct), so easily you can reraise them after the flop

but anyway you were going to lose, why? because the guy with AK (playing very awful by the way) was not going to fold (the kind of player who thinks AK are undefeatable no matter what)

My thoughts too......where the heck is he going with AK there?? Swear some guys thinks AK is the nuts even on a blank board wtf rofl

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the flop 18 cards is not enough outs,but I think if a little more aggressive than the opponents fold =)

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well played, even if did something in the flop AK would have called, and u would be on the loosing side :)

denisthemenys

denisthemenys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good fold to the turn well played

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was an ok play.
you could also 3bet the flop and push him to fold.
if he called you you had to bet again the turn

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was an ok play.
you could also 3bet the flop and push him to fold.
if he called you you had to bet again the turn

yea that crossed my mind too, but if i was going i'd much rather shove in that spot than 3 bet

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good fold you played that hand well i would also have folded on the turn because we are mostly beat by one of the other 2 people in the pot even if we make our hand.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep ez foldaments on the turn shove when 400bb deep lol

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was played fine in a 3-way pot. We had lots of outs so why get aggressive on flop, might ad well flat and see if we catch. The turn makes it a easy fold.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree. Good fold.

On the turn, we are underdog going on the river.

G

GeoJake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here the SB is getting 7 to 1 so I wouldn't be surprised to see any two suited cards and any decent off suit hands in his range so with that said your effective stack size vs the open limper is 40bb and slightly less vs the SB. This hand plays really well and without been results orientated an iso raise is pretty solid. Checking behind just feels weak given that you have QUEEN TEN SOOOOOTED!!!!! lol

With that said jamming is the worst and ninja folding is probably bad haha!

An iso raise will get rid of the SB most of the time and if the open limper 3B's then you can make a decision to call and crack his big hand since his range is now pretty polarised or if his 3B is too big then you can fold. You gain information by raising, if he just flats then that's ok also you can CB take it down, hit get value or CB and improve on turn if he calls.

Without stats on the players I'm not sure what I would do on the flop. I think taking the aggressive line might be good vs certain players or HU but in a multi-way pot you have the potential to win a big pot so chasing out players with mediocre hands sucks so rather than focus on getting all in I might call or 3b small to build the pot. TBH though as played without being results orientated his open limp range would look like small pairs maybe some suited connectors etc

Folding in Poker