Contest HH3 AK late

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
60+ players are left in a freeroll, I'm only interested in final table money. I'm dealt AKo on the sb and face a raise from utg+1 of 4.5x bb 19bb deep. To make it interesting, the raiser just lost half his stack with AA to 45 two hands previous and is still arguing about the hand. I figure he's tilted and raising with a large range of good hands. I'm also pretty sure he's calling if I push. I don't really want to race since I think I can outmaneuver freeroll competition but I might be able to catch him dominated. Is this always a push or does it depend on the level of play? Should I be happy to race for a chance to get a little ahead of the blinds?
Average stack is 24k

Full Tilt Poker Game #7431575079: Cardschat.com $200 Freeroll (50331579), Table 98 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:12:48 ET - 2008/07/29
Seat 1: tiamarie223 (16,440)
Seat 2: Sensitiva (9,143)
Seat 3: deh84 (4,210)
Seat 4: dwilius (15,261)
Seat 5: name today (35,206)
Seat 6: jokerjay311 (48,030)
Seat 7: justinroyal (20,361)
Seat 8: Shicaca2 (53,517)
Seat 9: AAontheriver (5,269)
table antes 100
dwilius posts the small blind of 400
name today posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dwilius [Ac Kh]
jokerjay311: no i had 22/23
jokerjay311 folds
justinroyal raises to 3,700
Shicaca2 folds
AAontheriver folds
tiamarie223 folds
Sensitiva folds
deh84 folds
jokerjay311: call left me with 18 k still
dwilius has 15 seconds left to act
justinroyal: i raised 4500
jokerjay311: which is avrg stack
dwilius raises to 15,161, and is all in
name today folds
justinroyal calls 11,461
dwilius shows [Ac Kh]
justinroyal shows [6c 6d]
*** FLOP *** [6s 7s Jd]
*** TURN *** [6s 7s Jd] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [6s 7s Jd Td] [6h]
dwilius shows a pair of Sixes
justinroyal shows four of a kind, Sixes
justinroyal wins the pot (32,022) with four of a kind, Sixes
jokerjay311: exactly what i said lol
dwilius: nh
dwilius stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 32,022 | Rake 0
Board: [6s 7s Jd Td 6h]
Seat 1: tiamarie223 folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Sensitiva folded before the Flop
Seat 3: deh84 (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: dwilius (small blind) showed [Ac Kh] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 5: name today (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: jokerjay311 folded before the Flop
Seat 7: justinroyal showed [6c 6d] and won (32,022) with four of a kind, Sixes
Seat 8: Shicaca2 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: AAontheriver folded before the Flop

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was deffinately a tilted raise on his part considering his position & his weak pp (and a tilted call IMO). Given all the factors I probably would have made the same play. Granted racing for your tournament life is never good, but at this stage in the tourney you needed to start making moves to have any shot at the final table. I'm not positive of the exact percentages, but I think you may have even been a small favorite preflop. As far as him catching 2 miracle cards & hitting quads, nothing you can do about that, that's poker.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually its the other way around. Its about 55/45 in favor of the PP. But all things considering I think it was the correct decision to call as well. In that stage of the tournament I think it is the right play to move ai unless there is a chance of a 3rd player coming in behind you.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you analyzed this hand correctly, villian was just as likely to turn over aj, as a small pp. you just got outdrawn.

One caveat though, if you really thought you could out play him, you could have just smooth called. When the flop comes blank you could have gotten out much cheaper. If he is tilting and is dominated you will still stack him most likely but like in this case it might have allowed you to get away from a blank hand on the flop.

H

HeroCall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always a push for me when looking for the final table money only!

G

gn2056

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant help you as I am noticing the online competition in large low buy ins and freerolls is just getting ridiculous, there really is no reason to play em except for fun. I got frustrated twice today and just flabbergasted at a couple of calls the last one was in the evening bodog I had 32k second stack in entire tourney, I flop an insane draw against a 25 k stack so I am of course tempted becuase I want to get a big chip lead and just coast for two hours to final fifty or so. Anyways dude ends up pushing reraising me all in , I have up down and a flush draw and he turns over, READY king high, he ends up winning I end up pissed, I realize its my own fault for gambling but those draws dont miss when I am up against em and it kills me cuz in these freerolls and small buyins the only guys that beat me are the biggest morons. I think the only way to go about em is to not play in em, or not care.