calling station

C

clammytips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was in a game the other day some guy said he was usingpoker tracker.he said i was considered a calling station so i kept my stats from bodog freeroll the other night.any imput positive or negative would be helpful. any help ty.clammy:confused:

1. total hands 221 hands won 22% showdowns won59%flops seen 25%wins if flop seen52% fold 51%check 9% call 14%bet 8 %raise 15%reraise 3% fold pre flop 67%on flop3%turn4%river2%no fold 25%​

C

clammytips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by the way i placed 36 out of 5000 in above game

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's almost impossible to tell from a freeroll since the play is not even close to playing for decent amounts of money. If you are seeing one out of 4 flops (especially if alot of them are calling raises) then you are seeing too many. In a good money game if a good player saw you in that many pots he/she would make you pay.

C

clammytips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so seeing 25%of 221 hands is too much?even when i was chip leader of game after 2nd hr of play

Last edited:
mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's on the high side. It tells me you may not be paying much attention to position preflop. Are you calling from early position with suited connectors, small pairs, Ace-rag?

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mostley on top ten hands.with a little bluff .

So you get a top 10 hand once every 4 hands. Sweet, I wish the cards came like that for me.

Early position should be more like the top 5 or 6 hands. If you don't have a hand you can raise with fold (mostly not always as you want to mix up your game).

It's also very difficult to bluff from early position, especially in a freeroll.

C

clammytips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that game was good to me

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokertracker cannot track bodog MTTs so he was lieing, unless he got the numbers from a cash game.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokertracker cannot track bodog MTTs so he was lieing, unless he got the numbers from a cash game.

Nice catch.

As to 25%, I have to disagree that that is high. First of all it's "flops seen" not vp$ip, so free big blinds are in there (see "check 9%" stat). Also, since he went deep in the tournament there is a bit more chance that some of this play was with less than nine players at the table.

As to being a calling station, we don't have a "went to showdown" stat, so it's kind of hard to tell. Showdowns won % is pretty high, so even if you were calling a bit more than "ideal" you may have been doing it with good reason given the nature of the game (?), i.e., you were correct with your calls.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sample size is tiny and meaningless, but there's nothing hugely abnormal in the stats.