Call or Fold

Fat Stu

Fat Stu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasn't paying much attenion to the table as was watching TV and was on the phone, but he seemed quite tight up until this point.

pokerhandoc4.jpg

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very very very easy fold.

You say that villain is "quite tight". Villain is shoving 1400 into an unraised pot. We have 46 BB's. This should be a fold EVERY time.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, pretty much goes without saying.. sorry :(

ky7

ky7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta Know When To Holem. Know When To Foldem

Thats For Sure A Fold.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hand that villan shoves with are you ahead of here? Other than a straight bluff with air. Even on a bluff villan has at least 2 cards higher than a meaning you will not be a big favorite even over a bluff. You are dominated by any pair 6 or higher and any A-7 or higher and only a slight fav over a hand like KQ. Ace small is a hand too many people don't know how to fold. I will play A-X suited if there are multiple players in an unraised pot but not for most of my tournament chips.

Let him take your 50 chips and move on. Maybe he will try it again when you have as real hand.

Fat Stu

Fat Stu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hand that villan shoves with are you ahead of here? Other than a straight bluff with air. Even on a bluff villan has at least 2 cards higher than a meaning you will not be a big favorite even over a bluff. You are dominated by any pair 6 or higher and any A-7 or higher and only a slight fav over a hand like KQ. Ace small is a hand too many people don't know how to fold. I will play A-X suited if there are multiple players in an unraised pot but not for most of my tournament chips.

Let him take your 50 chips and move on. Maybe he will try it again when you have as real hand.

Which I did, he proceeded to do this 5 more times after posting his blinds, so on either my small or big blind, Called him with pocket jacks and he showed 64 off. That i'll teach ya.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good job , but the main point would be, ace rag, even soooooted is very rarely a good call much less an all in. good luck

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace rag suited can only be played as a flush draw with big stacks assuming you limp or call a small pre-flop raise.

With short stacks <10BB, you can push with A rag if first to act. If desperate, you can even call with it, but I avoid calling with this hand unless I am truly desperate.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which I did, he proceeded to do this 5 more times after posting his blinds, so on either my small or big blind, Called him with pocket jacks and he showed 64 off. That i'll teach ya.

He probably was tired of playing, not a good heads-up player and would take a probable second or first if he sucked out. Good job waiting for a good pair.

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good lay down and waiting for better hand too catch his bluff

Folding in Poker