Call or fold?

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if its real early in the tournament and you haven't given it a lot of your time then i guess you can call it if there was no full house there its just 0.25 $ buy in but with full house you can fold there.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call or fold?

That's a tough choice, to risk all your chips at a certain point when you are just drawing. I played in a tourney today and I had a similar situation. I had pocket Jacks and a player raised all in and another called and I decided to fold before the flop. The flop had two kings in it and one player had a king in his hand so I was glad I folded. Then the river was a jack and I wish I called because I would of doubled up to 30,000 chips with a full house and would of been the leader of the tourney at that point.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played it is a great fold on the turn.

But I think the best play is to raise on the flop. Then you can take control of a heads up pot and have position throughout the hand. Your hand has A LOT of value on the flop. (flush and straight draws). When you flop a big combo draw, I'm a big fan of playing fast like the nuts. This also gives cover to your very strong flop hands (like sets). Whenever you turn up the heat on the flop, people won't know whether you have a monster draw or a set but either way they won't like their chances...

By playing it very aggressively on the flop, you give yourself lots of ways to win. You can make your hand, you can bet scare cards, you can try to steal if you miss and they show weakness....

Folding in Poker