bubble moment

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You have to think about this situation a little before answering because each tournament will be different. I definitely want to be the first one to be able to raise all in with this hand. I don’t really want to face a raise and then a re-raise. If this bubble is life changing money and it’s super important to cash then it’s an easy fold to try and cash. Bubble play can be a lot of fun unless you are short stacked. Good luck!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you are in a hopeless situation, it is better to take risks and play, and you may win.
But if you are in a comfortable position, the best is not to take risks.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the tournament, if you're going to win tickets, it's more rewarding for you to give up because those who have more chips than you will pay just to eliminate and enter the prize zone faster. I even folded AA preflop!
Because when I raised a person who had more chips than I did, he went ALL-in, there was one more left to fall and I won the $109 ticket and in the next rounds there were two people with few chips. I preferred to leave than be on the bubble with such a good hand and benefit from those who were practically eliminated!:sneaky::cautious:

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not risk UTG with 10BB at the bubble, except if you know you are the ultra short stack of the tournament

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there are more players with less chips than me, I would fold because it's an ITM bubble. But if I was last, I would definitely be all-in. In my case, I don't know if I would be doing the right thing, but that's what I would do.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
JJ on itm bubble, utg stack 10bb? what would you do in this situation?
That's a really, really great question! Honestly, I'm gonna call and lose. I had a similar situation on Saturday in the VIP tournament. I was already in the bubble and I was safely in the prizes. Only I had "QQ" and my opponent had "KK". But I went all-in first, and my opponent easily called me (plus he had a bigger stack than me). It was a shame. Very frustrating! When I replay that moment in my head, I wonder: "could I have just folded QQ?". The answer is, of course not. So yes, I am willing to take a risk on the bubble. Unless it's the Sunday Million, of course. :D:cool:

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair if it's a big tournament and it's in the bubble in gonna fold but if it's a normal tournament in gonna go all in and

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fold. One opening from UTG this way it's a indicative of a stronger hand than JJ. Unless the villain is a maniac, a call would put in a bad situation.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
bet 3 bb if I am first in,raise allin if anybody raised before me,and call allin if anyone reraises me

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We do not play for min cashes in tournaments we play for FT’s. JJ is way to strong a hand to not play but too weak to open raise non-all-in. We are ok winning the blinds on the bubble with this hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy jam. With 10BB we generally do not want to play other than push or fold, and JJ is way to strong to fold. In fact any pocket pair is an open jam, or at least something like 55+. If there are a lot of bad or unknown opponents on the table, maybe we can min-raise (or even limp) KK or AA. But JJ is not strong enough, that we want to induce. As eetenor say, we are happy to just take down the blinds and antes.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would fold…have some patience better hands will come along… you don’t need to bust to a better made hand .. you never know .. better to survive and play an other hand

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably play it carefully. One - it's bubble, two - i have no luck with JJ.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the right action is all-in, but if you're afraid of flying out, you can open 2 bb and then if you're 3, you can just throw it away or see a flop for 2 bb then decide whether to go ahead so it's easy to choose a game plan, the main thing is to know that you want to get a small amount or play for the final table if you're playing on the final table I would press all-in

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That will depend on how the table is. There are many variables.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Usually it will definitely be a clear allin, I recommend that you play your hands profitably without fear of a bubble, behold, the players are under pressure from the $ at the moment, now if it is a bubble in an atelite tournament, I'll change my opinion with JJ more it will usually be an easy shove.
I indicate that you save your hands too and post for discussion by the HH converter. glglgl https://www.cardschat.com/poker/tools/hand-converter/

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
all-in, this is probably the only correct decision. And even if I was not lucky, I would at least know that I did everything right. A fold in such a situation is definitely a mistake.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It all depends on how much you want the prize, or if you aim for first place regardless of the rest, it's not the best hand, but you could play an all-in and avoid them going with their hands down.