On the bubble, 3.40 Turbo SnG

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took my $11T and Aloe's advice and played a $3.40 Turbo SnG. Only the second or third time I've played a turbo.

I had been playing pretty tight, even for me. About 2 orbits ago I took out the 6th player by raising 3x w/TT, short stack in the BB called wQT. That was the last hand I played before this. In the meantime, the chip leader took out the 5th place finisher. Chip leader has been aggressive from the get-go, raising with A8o from late position in one of the first hands of the game and continued to be aggressive.

I think these two hands I played okay, but I'd like to check that with some of you more experienced players.

Hand #1

pokerstars Game #11122069305: Tournament #56410599, $3.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/07/25 - 01:26:37 (ET)
Table '56410599 1' 10-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: HUNGRYFROG (3100 in chips)
Seat 5: JimmyTJams (6855 in chips)
Seat 6: Ninelions (2250 in chips)
Seat 7: donaldsonmp (2795 in chips)
donaldsonmp: posts small blind 100
HUNGRYFROG: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ninelions [As Qd]

Hand #2

Seat 2: HUNGRYFROG (2900 in chips)
Seat 5: JimmyTJams (6855 in chips)
Seat 6: Ninelions (2550 in chips)
Seat 7: donaldsonmp (2695 in chips)
HUNGRYFROG: posts small blind 100
JimmyTJams: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ninelions [7s 7d]

Actions?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove the first one (fold would also be acceptable since blinds aren't too high yet), fold the second one.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding 7s on the bubble is exactly what gets you high ITM and low ROI (which is bad). Depending on how flop-happy these guys are, I might be pushing both hands here.

AQ is an auto-push, but with the 7s we have a big enough stack to toss in a standard raise. The problem is that most players at this level are tight enough to call with say JT to see a flop, and certainly won't let go of TP if they hit, so I'd be more inclined just to shove. Especially with the chip leader in the BB who would be even more likely to call, see a flop, and possibly bully you out.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like pushing both if the pot is unopened. Even if someone opens in the first hand, I come over the top all-in.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding 7s on the bubble is exactly what gets you high ITM and low ROI (which is bad). Depending on how flop-happy these guys are, I might be pushing both hands here.

AQ is an auto-push, but with the 7s we have a big enough stack to toss in a standard raise. The problem is that most players at this level are tight enough to call with say JT to see a flop, and certainly won't let go of TP if they hit, so I'd be more inclined just to shove. Especially with the chip leader in the BB who would be even more likely to call, see a flop, and possibly bully you out.

I don't like shoving 7s here because we're at best a coinflip (besides a PP < 77 or Ax with x < 7), and the pot is slightly too small to risk our tournament life pushing against opponents that may have us completely killed (overpair).

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it make much difference for the 77 that I pushed the AQ, had no callers?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was it the very next hand? or at least close enough for them to see you as 'getting aggressive'? If so it might be a little stickier, especially vs players who take offense to blind steals if you know what I mean. Some guys will call with trash just to expose your steal.

Anyways, with the chip difference, it looks like it was the very next hand. A standard raise is likely to get played back at with any decent hand, but I still like a push.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it make much difference for the 77 that I pushed the AQ, had no callers?

Chuck seemed to answer the question quite nicely...my question to you is did you bubble or ITM???

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya easy push with AQ...with 77 i would call pre flop with no raise to try and hit another 7 which does happen and then if u do hit u r most likely to double up or get a nice pot if u play em right. but if someone raises before u or after u then i would fold since u dont wanna play bingo unless ur very lucky or ur going to win it all. sometimes i do like to take chances in the end so i can win it all instead of just hitting 3rd because thats not that much profit for me and i dont wanna waste one hour just to get another 5 bucks, but i do play like 4 or 5 and sometimes more so usually works out pretty good

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ooo, Aloe in the hand analysis section!

:)

It was the very next hand, Chuck. And I pushed both, got what I thought was a bad call since three of the four of us had low stacks. Caller had A2o. Essentially he was putting his game on the line with a hand that is easily dominated, although in this case it works out similarly as he's looking to pair the Ace rather than hoping to pair his 2.

It may very well have been a case of him thinking that I was pushing too much, with marginal hands.

I had him, until the Ace on the river.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ooo, Aloe in the hand analysis section!

:)

It was the very next hand, Chuck. And I pushed both, got what I thought was a bad call since three of the four of us had low stacks. Caller had A2o. Essentially he was putting his game on the line with a hand that is easily dominated, although in this case it works out similarly as he's looking to pair the Ace rather than hoping to pair his 2.

It may very well have been a case of him thinking that I was pushing too much, with marginal hands.

I had him, until the Ace on the river.

OMG you just totally made my blood pressure rise. didn't realize I in HA OMG:eek:
do I have to say something like real poker talk now.

ummm I pass.......I'm gone again for another 3 months or so lol

sorry to here about the river nine...you'll get em next time.;)

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 easy shoves in almost any bubble situation.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be raising repeatedly at this stage 600-700 at a time, at least once a round (so every 4 hands at least). I'd do the same here, and call if someone comes over the top of me.

S

slabrunojr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would of pushed with both from anyposition if nobody raised first...i like to push alot in turbo sng's blinds move so fast i like to take big chances...thats why im playing a turbo sng...but what do i know..not much!! hehehhee