Bodog NLHE SnG//Full House but....

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's early in the SNG so I really don't have any real reads.

[SB]: posts 15
[BB]: posts 30
alat: calls 30
Jimbo::10c4: :10s4: raises to 120
Lucky Red: calls
alat: calls

FLOP :3d4: :kd4: :kh4:

alat: checks
Jimbo: bets 200
Lucky Red: Folds

Turn: :10d4:

Jimbo: bets 400

River :kc4:
Jimbo: ????????

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check this, I think villain only calls your bet with a King.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check this, I think villain only calls your bet with a King.

Well I was either putting him on a King or a Pocket pair. If he has a pair I'll get paid real nice.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I was either putting him on a King or a Pocket pair. If he has a pair I'll get paid real nice.

You've repped the King the entire time. Unless he has a set of threes he's folding to your bet. I can't see how villain can justify any call unless he has the King or threes.

I think villain has a flush now, or was on the nut flush draw and missed.

Side note: What if villain check/raises are we going to call?

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got unlucky, check it and hope its good. Nothing really you can do.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Side note: What if villain check/raises are we going to call?

Hmmmmm

Well, If I make a small bet here and he check raises I'll call but if I make any decent bet it would have to be All-In so its not an option.

(I forgot to add Stack sizes...I had $1,460 and he had $1,870)

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it from his perspective. Would you make the call with a pocket pair less than 99? You are now behind JJ, QQ, any K, and AA. I still can't find any hand worse than this that would call a bet.

Edit: I'm not sure that you can force villain off of any hand that beats you either. Thus checking is the best option.

This is a part of my game that I've been working on lately. I've always bet when I think I am ahead. However, when the only hand that will call you is one that has you beat then it is better to check and take what is already in the pot.

FerForkSake

FerForkSake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one brought up that he could have been chasing the flush after the flop. If he had A + whatever diamond, 200 isn't the worst call I've ever seen. When the ten fell he could've been trying to trap thinking you had the king. He may have been just as scared as you seeing that final king.

However..... It's very possible that I am the only one to think this way. If so, that would explain alot about my game. :D

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlikely he checks quad Kings on the river; a value bet by you will be very thin but possible. He might have called the turn with a lower pair with the diamond. If he's a donk you could squeeze another 400 chips out of him, but if he's good, there's not much value in this and you're probably better off checking behind.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlikely he checks quad Kings on the river; a value bet by you will be very thin but possible. He might have called the turn with a lower pair with the diamond. If he's a donk you could squeeze another 400 chips out of him, but if he's good, there's not much value in this and you're probably better off checking behind.

^ this.

a bad player will call a small river bet with 99-44 or a flush - a decent player won't.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would definitly check , i check the river often when checked to me but good chance the river may have hit them, i think you would get a value bet call from anyone with the 3 , case ten or probly any pair but why risk it. ( but im not that good so ...)

F

fuuf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check on river. He was probably chasing a flush off the flop or called with ace high and had the ace diamond, that why the call on turn.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada