bodog freeroll

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was in a 500 dollar bodog free roll the buy in was 30 points. i had gotten AA and was there where 2 big raises in front of me it was late in tourney and i was playing tight and didnt catch too much so my chip stack was only 6k these raises were pretty big first was up to 600 then another guy raised it up to 1400 so i was wondering in late tourney and possibly alot of peaple calling catching with connectors or qq kk. is it possible to fold this hand pre flop?

i went all in :p

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you ever fold aces pre flop? I would have gone all in as well.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you ever fold aces pre flop?

Cause your equity in real dollars would increase.

Statements like "I will never ever ever fold AA ever ever preflop" need to be addressed. As pointed out Sklansky has an example in TPfAP.

In Sklansy's example the stacks are as follows:

leader: $2 million
opponent B: $1 million
opponent C: $1 million
opponent D: $1 million
us: $30,000

Prizes:
1st: $1.5 million
2nd: $1 million
3rd: $700,000
4th: $500,000
5th: $300,000

Blinds: $10,000/$20,000

In this example the three opponents with one million each are all in (chip leader is not).

So you can see that we are way behind our opponents, and have a very low M as well. Sklansy points out that our equity even if we win is still very low (only $120,000 chips), but our actual dollar amount of winnings will increase greatly if we fold.

That's not quite the situation assumed in the thread (we were not given specifics), as the TPAP is about as extreme a hypothetical as you can get.

Anyway, the point is valid that there could be a correct time to fold AA. There can't be any arguing that, despite some non-thinking posters who can't look beyond zomg I have AA, gotta get my $ in goood. It's not a cash game, so ICM calculations like this need to be taken into account.

Although I doubt the situation tt was in came close to the extreme necessary.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playin in a live 25 man tourney about 6 months back and 8 of u left and im in SB and my buddy is in BB..we are both ss...paying top 5

UTG+1 raises enough to put me and him in...then next 4 people are allin...i look down and have 55...FOLD

my buddy looks down and gets up from the table and walks off, shaking his head and muttering..we holler its on you, and he says "I #$#$#@% FOLD..but leave my cards there" LMAO!!

cards turned... KK , JJ AsQs 10s and AdKd, flop came with a 10 and board ran out lo...so the 10s..who had everyone covered, won.

My buddy then flipped his cards over and there was the other two Aces:eek:

His thinking was that many people in, he was gonna get beat, even tho he might 5x up, but he knew the aces were gone, and he made the
money:deal:

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada