Bodog buyin $10 MTT

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played in this night's bodog tourney for $10, and lost a hand that practically crippled me early in the tourney, blinds are 50-100 I had Ad Ks( I have 1300) on button , one limper( he has 2300 chips) in cutoff calls and I raised to 300 ,the limper calls , we have 750 in pot, flop comes Qd Qh 7c, limper checks, I cont bet to 375, he calls turn comes 4d he checks, I check ( big mistake) I have 625 left which is half my stack river comes blank 2c he checks I check Limper has 10s 10h Tell me how bad I played this hand!! I should shoved maybe on turn nothing much else , I couldnt convine my opponent I had qq should have checked fop then raise on turn I think shove works on flop dont know. Any comment are welcome I dont knowthis guy later I got more info that he didnt play that well post flop Steve

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st your raise was too small, it should have been 500 and then if opponent calls you can easily go AI on the flop.

Your, IMHO, weak preflop raise and weak C-bet allowed opponent to call down.

M

mundybags1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo your raise wasn't too small, especially if you found that this player isn't that strong. he would have called that raise also. if you would have bet more on the flop he would have called. if you push on the turn he would have called. if you had a Q in this situation it would have been great because you know he would have paid you off. anyways. you didn't play the hand that bad. he would have folded the flop if he didn't have the hand that he did and you lost minimum. if i was him i probably would have check raised you on the flop anyways so don't feel to bad about the way you played it. good luck

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove preflop. Your M is only 13 so it's time to start making a move, and AK is the perfect hand to win/lose it all on.

That being said, from his position he will probably call an all in preflop and the end result would be the same, but your getting your money in with a coinflip to double up

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can u have 13 BB early in the tourney?

you should ve gone allin preflop, the way you played it you might have checked behind on the flop, cause he may be thinking if 2 queens are out it is less likely that you have one, and also would he bet if he had a queen....

i didnt get what you said about convincing him that you had quads...

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO betting 3BB with 1 limper is asking him to call. For me when I'm a short stack I'm not looking for callers on drawing hands like AK. I'm going to push all-in and hope he calls with a weaker ace or under pair.

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind that AK is a respectable hand, but it is a drawing hand. When you get called for 3 bets, you have to put your opponent on something. Could it be a pair, KQ, or AQ? You bet it could.

I think being more aggressive against a bigger stack post-flop would have been dangerous. I could easily see TT calling your all in bet at any point in the hand, especially if you build the pot prior to doing it. QQ742 is not a very scary board for a middle pair against a small stack.

P

Patrickedwar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would of bet 575 preflop and pushed all in after the flop if he is stupid enough to call and river or turn u then what can u do thats poker

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada