Big hand

P

pokerrchamp3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was paying .50/1 on full tilt poker, heads up with a guy. He played really loose so i tried to take advantage of that. One pot i managed to catch pocket rockets :ad4::ac4: and i decided to slow play them since he was betting so much. He bet $5 and i just called. The flop came
:2h4::3d4::ks4: i thought he had kings so i checked and he bet $8 so i just called. The turn was :3s4: so i had 2 pair aces and 3's so if he had a king i would be in a great possition. He bet $20 which was a big bet so i decided to raise and make my stand so i raised to $60 ( i only had $70 so i had $10 left trying not to just tempt him to call but to raise me all in.) He did just that and the turn was a:9c4:
he showed:kh4::qc4: i won the pot

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really much to discuss on that one ;]

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Bravo you are the first person to ever win with pocket aces on this forum it seems!!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, I broke my 4 in a row losing streak with AA today in style. >.>

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) converter

MP2 (t9513)
MP3 (t5047)
CO (t16120)
Button (t5561)
SB (t7084)
BB (t1550)
Hero (t2295)
UTG+1 (t15785)
MP1 (t4545)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ah, As.
Hero raises to t2270, 7 folds, BB calls t1125 (All-In).

Flop: (t3595) Ac, Kc, 8h (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t3595) Ad (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3595) 4h (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t3595

Results below:
BB has Kd Qc (two pair, aces and kings).
Hero has Ah As (four of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins t3595.

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ah, As.
Hero raises to t2270
Why raise so much with AA UTG???? Pushing isn't going to get you maximum value out of this hand, which you need since you are short-stacked.

A raise to 1200 here might intice another caller or someone to put you all-in with a re-raise and get you more chips.

I

I Need Money

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOLY SHIT aces do win, damn!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chicubs1616 said:
Why raise so much with AA UTG???? Pushing isn't going to get you maximum value out of this hand, which you need since you are short-stacked.

A raise to 1200 here might intice another caller or someone to put you all-in with a re-raise and get you more chips.
I have 5.5 BBs - the 2270 was all in. Anything other than a push considering I'm UTG here screams "I have a monster and want to get paid". Against crappy players the small raise might work, but any decent player will think "Why on earth is he raising for only half of his 5.5BB stack UTG?", and the table seemed fairly decent. With only 5.5BBs behind me, people will probably loosen their calling ranges somewhat if I do push, as demonstrated by the loose call from BB, who was probably hoping I had TT or something. This is one of those situations where a push looks far less suspicious than a standard 3BB raise.

I can perhaps see you arguing for me trying a limp-reraise/call all in here (I considered it, if my stack was 10BBs or so and the table was aggro I may well have tried it), but raising half of my short stack would have been plain silly.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands