BIG dec in 4th blind level live

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so..villain gets no respect..but has showed down AA and set of 5s and 10s full.. blinds are 75 150, and i have 6100 in trny chips from ss of 3k.

VIL..bb 150 with ??
hero raises from HJ with Ks10c

vil talks it thru and finally calls

flop As 10s 5s
vil cks
hero bets 400
vil ck raise to 2k.

hero????:mad:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little more info please.

Like;

Tourney size, payoff spots, etc;

But in general your blocking bet doesn't seem to have worked, and in reality at this point you are treading on thin ice. You are drawing to the nut flush, and villain probably see's that, and is holding an ace, and of course he doesn't want you seeing the turn cheap. Let alone the river. If you call here you are essentially commiting yourself to a spade. Plus one of the other 2 tens. This is where that extra info comes into play. If it is still a long ways from the money you can muck here easy. If however you are near the bubble, or even ITM, you can approach it differently, more aggressively. In which case you probably want to shove back (very bad idea IMSO).

His C/R suggests he's holding at least the QS, possibly QQ, or even QJs. None of those look good for you. AxQs looks real possible too.

My advice? Lay it down.

Last edited:
daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little more info please.

Like;

Tourney size, payoff spots, etc;

But in general your blocking bet doesn't seem to have worked, and in reality at this point you are treading on thin ice. You are drawing to the nut flush, and villain probably see's that, and is holding an ace, and of course he doesn't want you seeing the turn cheap. Let alone the river. If you call here you are essentially commiting yourself to a spade. Plus one of the other 2 tens. This is where that extra info comes into play. If it is still a long ways from the money you can muck here easy. If however you are near the bubble, or even ITM, you can approach it differently, more aggressively. In which case you probably want to shove back (very bad idea IMSO).

His C/R suggests he's holding at least the QS, possibly QQ, or even QJs. None of those look good for you. AxQs looks real possible too.

My advice? Lay it down.

thanks DJ...trny size is 25 people..5 get paid and top 15 get points to TLB.

as for rest of hand....

hero calls flop c/r

turn is 4c..

villain pushes 2400 allin...hero has 2575...????:eek:

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold to the checkraise. He has an ace, or better. Probably Ace 10. you're beat. You called the raise, so you get the turn card. Now you're drawing dead to Ace 10, and drawing to 5 outs against any other ace.

edit: didn't see the flush draw there. I still lay this down on the turn though. I really really think he has Ax probably A10, or A5, and you're only drawing to the flush.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh, all 3 options are fine here imo.

Folding is fine due to survival > chips accumulation

Calling and taking a turn card is fine but is probably marginally the worst choice. As played fold to the turn shove though

Shoving all in on the flop seems fine aswell since we have a minimum of 7 outs if villain wakes up with a flush, and can have as many as 14 outs if villain has a,q but also may have fold equity if you give villain no respect

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove this over the top of the bet. If he already has a made flush then we are still 31% to redraw him here. However, I think that is less likely as what two cards did he have preflop? The only hand I can put him on is QJ of spades. The A, K and T of spades are all already out so the next batch of hands would be Q9, 98, 87 etc and does he call a preflop raise with them?

I think he could well be check-raising with AQ with the Q of spades or even AJ with the J of spades. He thinks he is check-raising a monster when in reality it is a coin flip with two cards to come. Unlikely he has a set as AA raises preflop and we have a ten. 55 maybe. He could be doing it with AT or A5 or maybe even just a lone ace if he is pretty donkish.

I think there is a of course a chance we are beat but even then we have quite a few outs and there is enough hands he could have that justifies us getting it all in here. In tournies you have to push to accumulate chips.

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i put him on ace rag knowing theres a flush draw he reraise the bet to try to take it own now. i also think its possible hes just making a play at a scary looking flop. so when he reraised it wouldnt have been bad to push. even if he have it, its not that bad and you have a pretty good amount of outs to win. best case he has nothing, worst case Q J of spades

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's definitely a case to be made for checking back the flop. Not much worse will call you, and your hand isn't really vulnerable at all. Q/J non-spades are really your only scare cards.

Not sure what you mean by 'villain gets no respect', but it seems like he's showed down quality hands so far. If he's tight, then he's basically defending marginal aces and small pairs vs a steal and in that case there's no use in betting.

Organize a Home Poker Game