Is this best EV play? Raise 50% of opponents/my stack and push any flop

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) MTT top 10% get paid 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: daddyq54 (2975 in chips)
Seat 2: beldadinsitu (913 in chips)
Seat 4: drikinha32 (1215 in chips)
Seat 5: PokeRWinnerZ (1185 in chips)
Seat 6: *joy*151 (1250 in chips)
Seat 7: blitt301 (1410 in chips)
Seat 8: Maxwell Hall (2290 in chips)
Seat 9: daytonablues (2262 in chips)
blitt301: posts small blind 25
Maxwell Hall: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Maxwell Hall [As Qs]
*joy*151 said, "Wow!!"
daytonablues: calls 50
daddyq54: folds
beldadinsitu: folds
drikinha32: raises 50 to 100
PokeRWinnerZ has timed out
PokeRWinnerZ: folds
PokeRWinnerZ is sitting out
PokeRWinnerZ has returned
*joy*151: folds
blitt301: calls 75
Maxwell Hall: raises 500 to 600
daytonablues: calls 550
drikinha32: raises 615 to 1215 and is all-in
blitt301: folds
Maxwell Hall: calls 615
daytonablues: folds

I've been making this sort of play a fair bit recently and I'm not sure if it's + EV or not. I raised it too much in this scenario though;basically, if I have a good hand and want action for what ever reason I will bet about 50% of my/opponents stack, and I'll push any flop. The reasoning is is there's a lot of players who would simply call and not consider there stack size; after the flop they may realise they are committed and call of the rest with their worst hand, or think they are bet and fold on the flop, which is a huge success if they ever do that. Opinions? This play is not typically made when fairly short stacked, like 8BB and under, more of a 13-20BB move; I usually use it if a raise of 3BB+1 and a continuation bet of 2/3 pot would cripple my stack

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id prefer just calling here, play a smaller pot, even though your OOP, your hand plays well enough postflop to make a call ok. i hate your raise sizing, there isnt any good reason to raise that much. i know it's a dollar tourney, so i could be wrong here, but, generally you fold out the weaker hands, and only get action from hands stronger than yours.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id prefer just calling here, play a smaller pot, even though your OOP, your hand plays well enough postflop to make a call ok. i hate your raise sizing, there isnt any good reason to raise that much. i know it's a dollar tourney, so i could be wrong here, but, generally you fold out the weaker hands, and only get action from hands stronger than yours.

You'd be surpirsed how often players push here; hell, this player did thinking his K high was good! I think the move looks like I'm trying to make them fold so they think, "hey, I'm not been a sucker and letting him push me around, I'll go all-in and he'll fold, let's see who the sucker is now"