Beginner $1 DoN QQ call?

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8/10 players left in a double or nothing tournament. MP1 was getting desperate, SB was 45/11 after 36 hands.

Stacks:
SB with 1915
BB with 2335
UTG with 1220
UTG+1 with 810
MP1 with 670
MP2 with 3375
CO with 1930
BTN with 2745

Blinds: 50/100
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to CO:Q♠ Q♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
2 players fold.
MP1 raises 560 to 660 [ all-in ]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [660]
1 players fold.
SB raises 1245 to 1905 [ all-in ]
1 players fold.
Hero ??

I'd definitely call MP1 cause he's gotta make a move soon. What about the SB?

EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i'm you, i'm calling here.

if the SB was holding AA or KK, he would have called and encouraged action by you. the fact that he went over the top with an additional all in shove makes me wonder why he is trying to isolate if he truly has such a strong starting hand. i think that your out of position call of MP has him a little worried, and he is trying to isolate with a hand like AK or AQ so that he gives himself the best chance at winning. this re-raise only tells me that he doesn't want to be outplayed for a large pot post flop, although standard action would be to check down in order to give you the best chance at knocking out MP.

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not giving SB credit for KK or AA here. If he had a big hand, he might put in a small raise to build a side-pot if anyone else wanted to come and give him some more chips, or he might even smooth call.

The all-in behind is usually to isolate the small stack because he doesn't want to play for the rest of his chips.

I'd call with QQ here, and be about 90% certain I'd be up against AJ or something similar.

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both of your calls were right on. He pulled AQ and he hit his A on the flop. Fortunately I pulled a flush draw and ended up taking the whole pot.

the_urge27

the_urge27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this is one of those cases where calling and folding are acceptable-the only thing is i probably would have tried to isolate first then just flat calling-if u run into AA KK AK so be it-but thats just my opinion

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played:
MP1 was getting desperate,
SB was 45/11 after 36 hands.
Pot Odds 2.6 to 1
Insta-call

Though with QQ tbh, I'd have 3-bet shoved against desperate MP1 not flat called.

C

Chief_X_LRG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would call 8-10 times if he was a 45/11. He was isolating to go heads up with the pusher and if by chance he had AA or KK, then on to the next table. Think your chances are pretty good that one of them have an A with a mid or better kicker, smaller PP, or possibly a suited connector for the pusher. Call and scoop the pot hopefully.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not bad, but I wouldn't flat call. Push the rest of your chips in.