Y

ysmisc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,
I do not have the hand history but I remember it vividly :-(
Late stages of 180 players NL game 9 players on the table, Hero and villain at about 15K each blinds 500/1000.
villain is a new guy on the block - No history.
Hero has A T off. Villain raise pre flop to 2400 Hero calls.
Flop is 2 5 T rainbow.
villain goes all in.
Hero thinks and calls.
villain shows KK
Turn and River does not help the hero who is out.
Bad call on Hero's part?
Thanks for your help.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd lean toward folding or shoving preflop here. Having called preflop, don't see much point in folding after you hit TPTK on flop.

H

hockeyaddict

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hero played right by most standards considering the villian just got in a lucky poss with his kings on how the flop came top pair top kicker for the hero.

T

TheHoag57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never like to risk my tournament life with a mediocre holding. At the very least, I would assume that he had on overcard that would still put my life in serious jeopardy. I fold and live to fight another battle.

Y

ysmisc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never like to risk my tournament life with a mediocre holding. At the very least, I would assume that he had on overcard that would still put my life in serious jeopardy. I fold and live to fight another battle.
I am not sure I agree with that - At some point of the game you must risk your tournament on a mediocre hand - This is how it goes, hence I wondered if someone would have done differently in this specific case.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it was a bad call on the hero's part since he had better than most possible pairs on the flop plus he had the top pair. I guess it was an okay call.