Bad call with 2 pair on the flop?

T

tjah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a 45 player satellite. First 4 got a ticket to a final.

So i end up on the final table with 6 players left.

One player has 1/10 of the average stack. The rest including me are almost average.

so i am first position and have K10 off suit. The table is tight so i try to steel the blinds with the minimum raise. Everyone folds but BB re-raises the minimum raise. I decide to call since its the minimum raise I don’t put him on a big hand and I might just catch something. SO the flop goes.

AK10

Wow I flopped 2 pair. but I’m quite sure my opponent has A... something... small i figure.

Now what i did was to make a small raise so he would put more money inn defending his pair of AA. In fact he did. I went all in and he called.

most of the time I would win this bet. But was this play wise???

My opponent had A8 (just like I thought) So I was ahead.

Flop comes 22. My opponent wins two pairs Asses and deuces.

So now my Question is. Should i have folded the two pair. I mean if I had just played more tight I probably would have ended in the top 4.

Maybe my first mistake was to try to steel the blinds.

Sure was a lesson for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

One player has 1/10 of the average stack. The rest including me are almost average.

so i am first position and have K10 off suit. The table is tight so i try to steel the blinds with the minimum raise. Everyone folds but BB re-raises the minimum raise. I decide to call since its the minimum raise I don’t put him on a big hand and I might just catch something. SO the flop goes.

AK10

Wow I flopped 2 pair. but I’m quite sure my opponent has A... something... small i figure.

Now what i did was to make a small raise so he would put more money inn defending his pair of AA. In fact he did. I went all in and he called.

So now my Question is. Should i have folded the two pair. I mean if I had just played more tight I probably would have ended in the top 4.

so how many flops do you have in your game?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

there are sooo many things soo wrong with this I just dont know where to start.

for one use a hand history it works better, we have no idea on chip stacks, blind levels, are there antes etc etc.
two KT is really not a great hand to run UTG even 6 handed but again if we knew chip stacks and stuff the might change.
this is a scarry board for KT but you got your money in good so why are you upset?
I dont know if you should of just folded 2 pair because I have no idea on chip stacks.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

AK10

You got your money in good, as it turned out, but hey, that's pokert. Since there is no HHm or info like stack sizes, it's hard to make any other analysis. When the villain "put more money in" defending his aces, was allin your only option? If you flat called there, where would you (and he) be chip wise? If you were worried about going bust and not making the top 4, wouldn't that make sense, in that context? Don't know, without more info,background, etcx,, I'm flying blind here.

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don' think you made a mistake, with 2 pair it is really hard to lay it down, especially if you had a good read on him.