aq on flop blind at 75/150

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my read on him is typical microstake donk loose pasive he could basicly have anything my options is as i see it push or fold

pokerstars Game #20476722370: Tournament #108745810, $3.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/09/17 11:27:58 ET
Table '108745810 1' 10-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: gis1239 (1405 in chips)
Seat 2: Gammler789 (2465 in chips)
Seat 3: SaschaRE99 (3440 in chips)
Seat 4: nomorestacey (1615 in chips)
Seat 6: RealToub (1560 in chips)
Seat 7: Chreide_286 (1065 in chips)
Seat 8: cristian10 (3450 in chips)
cristian10: posts small blind 50
gis1239: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gis1239 [Qs As]
Gammler789: folds
SaschaRE99: calls 100
nomorestacey: folds
RealToub: folds
Chreide_286: folds
cristian10: folds
gis1239: raises 300 to 400
SaschaRE99: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [7c 7d 9h]
gis1239:

Last edited:
Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about paragraph of what you're thinking. What you know about villain...at the top of the post.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well depending on your read ehre this guy just limped in so my guess is low PP....maybe a hand like QJ KQ, wich would be good for you, but this flop is scary for you since they limped...I would usually say C-bet this since you have position, but again the flop would need to have something out there, even a K or J......over all just check if he checks...if he checks the turn...throw about half the pot bet out there...if he calls...you know hes on a low PP or evn boat by this point :)

edit: nvm you were out of pos..or (oop) so def check this since you were BB no c-bet oop thats just out of the question...if you were in position follow my advise above :)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's first to act though. C-bet is basically all in, if villain is limp/calling with a pair, probably thinks its good after that flop.

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just in case anybody is interested in what happend i pushed he called and had 10 9 suited i got lucky and hit my queen

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well other than the fact that you got lucky, I would def not do that move..but thats just me ;)

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KC would you just check fold then? cause a C bet would commit me so why not just push on a pretty dry flop i am pretty sure it's +ev aginst his range but would like more imput

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very difficult position. With the amount of chips you have there is only two options : fold or push all-in. I think you shoul push all-in. The chances of him having a set or a two-pair are very slim and unless he has AK youre set to win this hand.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
w/ 250 in the pot this is a borderline shove pf i'd imagine. Your a little too deep to love it, but you don't want to be playing this oop on a missed flop with only a psb left and the limper will basically never show up with a hand that has you in trouble even if s/he calls your shove.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see him with a seven or nine there so i would push. I see him having j10 possibly and trying to bluff you out with a draw. You need to show him who is his daddy and stand up to the aggressors sometimes.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know this guy is loose and you miss 70% of the flops. is just checking preflop a thought? the last thing i would want to do here is make a big pot preflop then miss it. i would have no idea where i was in the hand. i would either check or push preflop here. i dont want to play this type of hand OOP. and dont mind taking the pot right now. if i think he may call w/ a lesser hand then i insta shove. but on the flop here i agree a cbet would put enough of your chips in to commit you. i think your ahead of there range here. so i don't like the shove here. i would think they would fold almost all the hands you got beat here and only hands that beat you call. so i think the better play here would be to check/call. or maybe even check/raise. give them a chance to bluff at the pot. and also the check/raise may even get them to fold some better hands.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove preflop all day. When you can add almost 20% of your stack if you get a fold and you're out of position with an unpaired hand, it's a pretty easy decision imo.

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does he c-bet? What happens here? Has he raised many pots? Can't just play this hand by its self. Look at past hands. Has he been involved a lot? Caught bluffing? If you think he has A10 or Ax u could be good here but hard to pull for a chop.

poloporasa

poloporasa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you are the preflop-agressor. If you still want to stand for a strong hand on the flop you have to go all-in. Cbet is no option here because it would commit you like said before.

In my opinion you should not have raised preflop. With 14bb you should be happy for everything you get for free. And playing AQs oop without hitting anything is not the way you want it to with your stack.