Anyway to get more out of this?

TRB1965

TRB1965

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 handed at the end of a SNG, but blinds are still very low. The HERO has about 40 BB and the villian has about 120 BB.

HERO is in the Big blind (blinds 30/60). The villians limps in (calls the BB). The SB flods. HERO checks JsTs.

The flop is Ks9sQs (for a flopped straight flush).
HERO checks. Villian checks.

The turn is a blank (6d).
HERO checks. Villian checks

The river is As (for a rivered Royal).
HERO bets pot. Villian folds.

I don't really think there was anyway I was going to get the Villian to commit anything to this pot.

Any thoughts?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river. Checking is exactly what someone with a made flush will do.

Bet the flop if he has a K or Q he might call, once the fourth spade hits there is no way he is going to put another chip in the pot unless he had a decent spade in his hand.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What Steve said!! Early bets are so often seen as bluff attempts that you NEED to bet this on the flop UNLESS you have a very specific read that Villian makes spewy bets on the river.

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What Steve said!! Early bets are so often seen as bluff attempts that you NEED to bet this on the flop UNLESS you have a very specific read that Villian makes spewy bets on the river.

I think that answers your thread

EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet half the pot on the flop. you may not have gotten any more out of the hand, but you wouldn't have had to invest 2 more streets to find that out.