t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened to me last night at a live tournament. I was dealt
:ks4: :10d4: in the small blind. The blinds are 100/200. Player A raises in middle position to 600. All players fold to my right. I call. Big blind folds. The flop comes:
:10h4: :2c4: :4h4:
I bet 600. Player A raises it to 1200. Now, Player A bluffs a lot and when she has a good hand, she bets small amounts. After thinking about it for a while, I push all in. She has more chips than me but if she calls and I win, her chip stack will suffer greatly. She thinks about it for a while. She makes the motion she usually does when she folds. And then...right wyhen she was about to fold...she stops and calls saying "What the hell...you probably have me beat." She reveals her hand:
:as4: :10s4: .
Needless to say, the tun and river were blnaks and I was out. It was a good call and I thought I had a good read on me. What's your take on this? (Dorkus, please say something other than "fold preflop").

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was you stack sizes T1 ? How many players left ? What was the buy-in ?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
(Dorkus, please say something other than "fold preflop").

:)

Stack sizes are important here, it's impossible to give much of a response without them.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip sizes are in bold.

t1riel said:
This happened to me last night at a live tournament. I was dealt
:ks4: :10d4: in the small blind. The blinds are 100/200. Player A raises in middle position to 600. All players fold to my right. I call. Big blind folds. I have about 2500 in chips left. Player A has about 3800. The flop comes:
:10h4: :2c4: :4h4:
I bet 600. Player A raises it to 1200. Now, Player A bluffs a lot and when she has a good hand, she bets small amounts. After thinking about it for a while, I push all in. She has more chips than me but if she calls and I win, her chip stack will suffer greatly. She thinks about it for a while. She makes the motion she usually does when she folds. And then...right wyhen she was about to fold...she stops and calls saying "What the hell...you probably have me beat." She reveals her hand:
:as4: :10s4: .
Needless to say, the tun and river were blanks and I was out. It was a good call and I thought I had a good read. What's your take on this? (Dorkus, please say something other than "fold preflop").

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
out of position call of king 10? either re-raise or get out PF.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's see, preflop...

- You're out of position

- You're risking 1/4 of your stack on a call

- You have what can at best be described as a marginal hand

...you know what's coming, don't you? ;)