AKs Sissy Play On My Part?

C

ColdDeckCity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can i get some adivce about this hand please guys.

There were about 120 players left and top 60 get paid The villian is no LAG but certainly rasing far more than his share. I just doubled up, maybe this was what stopped me from pushing. Should i push in this spot preflop or on the flop or never?

Stacks:
CO with 5810
BTN with 16822
SB with 20625
BB with 11125
UTG with 15270
UTG+1 with 12370
MP1 with 14480
MP2 with 8200
MP3 with 6505
hand.pl

Blinds: 300/600
Site: Party Poker
Dealt to MP2:A♥ K♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
1 players fold.
UTG+1 raises [1,800]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [1,800]
5 players folded.
Total folds this street: 7
Potsize: 3600
Flop:
4♦ J♣ 10♣
UTG+1 bets [3,600]
UTG+1 does not show cards.
UTG+1 wins 8,100 chips
1 players folded.
Total folds this street: 1

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your stack is still in the yellow zone so i whould push this preflop to avoid the flop decison and put presure on vilian and expect to be ahead or racing 95% of the times.
As played i whould fold the flop cause u dont have any fold equity so a flop push is pointless.

C

ColdDeckCity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a flop push piontless, yes i have no fold equity becuase of the stacks but i still have two over cards unless he had AT-AQ and a gutshot. What if he had 99 or something?

Also could you give some more adivce with the hand preflop; i just hate to be one of thoese people who over play AK, i feel that this was a time to push but where you do draw the line in an MTT

Thanks

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 14xBB or a M around 8 that geting rather low and u really dont whant to drop below the 10xBB mark cause then people will start calling your all-in with ATC.
At this level of a MTT suited conectors and small pocket pairs start losing value but any hand with AorK value grows very fast so when u get dealt AK and with that chipstack going all-in is ev+ because small pair and most other aces might call and then your racing or a massive favorit.
Also the reason a flop push is point less is that ATC are calling and the only hand in his range that u might be beating here is Ax flush draw and there your only around 50-55% to win.
But if vilan have a hand like AJ or a underpair your 30-40% to win at best so i think the flop fold is the only option after u just smoth call prf.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be more than happy to get this all-in before the flop. Villain has been raising regularly, so we're ahead of a big part of his range (AQ, AJ, maybe connectors or a couple of Broadway cards, depending on exactly how aggressive he's feeling), flipping against some of his range (medium-high pocket pairs) and only dominated by two hands (AA and KK).

Your stack size is such that a shove would be about the right amount for a re-raise anyway, you gain significant fold equity against some of the coinflip hands and you've got a solid chance of doubling through if you get called by anything other than AA or KK.

You'll pick up the blinds and villain's bet a good chunk of the time, double up a good chunk of the time you get called, and go broke the rest.

Half the field still has to go broke before you get paid, and your current stack won't get you to the money. Make the shove now, rather than in three rounds time when you've got a much shorter stack and you're forced to do the same think with KQs / AJo / 55 or something.