heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do u play this? Not near money in this tourney

Stacks:
- toweliestar with 12119 - Mrsgardener with 5522 - goby2 with 10340 - Safcraker with 9220 - Tigak with 32673 - CrazyOdd with 9470 - dogsballs with 8770 - ticalsen with 3295 - WadeShaq03 with 7576

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 200/400
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to WadeShaq03:
ad.gif
kh.gif

* - Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
**- 5 players fold.
* - crazyodd raises 586 to 986 dogsballs raises 1814 to 2800
**- 1 players fold.
* - wadeshaq03 calls [2400]
* - 2 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 8
* - Potsize: 6786
Flop:
9h.gif
5s.gif
2d.gif

* - WadeShaq03: checks dogsballs: checks
* - Potsize: 6786
Turn:
js.gif

* - WadeShaq03: checks dogsballs bets [2000] dogsballs collected 7146 from pot dogsballs: doesn't show hand
* - 1 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't call this pre-flop reraise. You have to figure that at least one of these guys, although you don't know exactly how many guys you'll be up against, have a pocket pair. Say you go HU, as you did, if he has as low as pocket deuces, you are still slightly behind in a coin-flip around 45% to his 55%. To me that is not a bet I want to take when it means risking 1/3 of my stack. I'm not sure whether the Ev is + or - but I don't like coin-flips. With that being said I would have done the same as you did post-flop, ie. check/fold.

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most likley you was up against a pair of 9s pre flop set onthe flop. i think you had to fold preflop or push and pray

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm folding this preflop. The guy re raised for isolation meaning he probably had a pocket pair and the original guy that went all in probably has at least one of your outs.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things to note though is both you and the other two involved have an M between 10 and 20, so everyone will be loosening up. You're M is almost below 10. And more importantly, the raise and reraise came from LATE position. If UTG raised and the next player reraised this would be an easy fold with AK. But the CO raised and the button reraised. The button could easily be raising with A10 or KQ thinking he's raising for value. You shouldn't be as concerned about being up against AA or KK here as you should be if a player puts in a big reraise preflop in early position with many many players yet to act. So I like your call preflop, shoving might not be too bad of a play either since just calling leaves you OoP. Postflop I woulda done the same since you missed your hand.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see a call here as even an option. There is no way I'm calling off 1/3 of my stack with AKo in this situation of raise/reraise. I either push or fold PF. And I think we can get away from this PF.

As played, yes, fold to the turn bet.

S

sportyguy2k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly A/K is the most over rated hand in poker

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the preflop call. Either fold or push. Given there's a preflop reraise i'd be tempted to fold.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in the push or fold camp fwiw, for reasons explained above.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly A/K is the most over rated hand in poker

this is exactly what i wanted to type, i personally would fold it on the flop, there is no need to push all in pre because you know you will most likely be in a coin flip situation, which is relying ( dont think i spelled that right) on luck which we dont want to do. Definitely fold on flop.