AJos vs. LAG

X

xGinNJuicex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How did I play this and how would you have played it? Villian is very LAG and has been drawing out everyone. Table has been generally loose and weak.

2nd level in $5.50 SnG, 9 handed, blinds 15/30

Villian starts with 1795
Hero with 1330

Hero dealt AdJs

MP calls
Hero calls from cutoff, button calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop: 6h8dJ

Checks to Hero who bets pot size 150
Villian in BB calls, others fold

Turn: 9c

Villian checks
Hero bets pot, 450
Villian calls

River: 10s

Villian bets 300
Hero folds

Do I have to call the river here? Did i bet too big on both streets? Would you have raised preflop?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO,

AJ from CO with one limper, mostly inclined to raise, though it depends on your feel for the table. Sometimes raises with limpers are just for value in the early goings.

Flop, potting is fine, especially with so many in the hand. Can't see the suit of the Jack so I can't tell if there is a flush draw or not.

Turn, potting is heavy handed now that there's only 2 in and one card to come. I'd bet around 250.

River, he's bet less than you did on the turn with the scare card, but would leave you with 400, blinds at 30, meh, I'd probably fold too but then I'm too easily pushed off the river.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd probably raise it pre-flop trying to narrow the field a bit - though at a loose-weak table you'll probably still get two or three callers. That's OK if you think you can push them out after the flop, then they're just donating more to your pot.

As played the pot-sized bet on the flop seems OK to me... I'll ask one question though: did you just press the "bet pot" button?

Quite often, if I see a player betting exactly the amount in the pot I'll be inclined to read it as a steal attempt - especially in late position. It's not always the case, and it might not be the correct read each time, but it may be you got read this way.

By the time we get to the river, I'm probably acknowledging defeat - against a loose opponent, there's just too many plausible hands that have us beat: Q6, Q8, J7, J6, J8, 67, 87, 68, a couple of diamonds with a 7...