AdKh on a Kc7c6c flop...

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the hand that got me eliminated last night in the UB freeroll, to begin with I can add that I did not play just to make it to the money I played as I always do.....to win.

Hand: AdKh
Position: Early position (after UTG)
Blinds: 200/400 ante 50
Stack: 11,5k
Situation: 23 players left, 20 get payed, youre in 12th place...

I raised in early position to 1300, the SB (a pretty tight player) called me, everyone else folded.

Flop came K-7-6 all clubs, SB checked and I betted 2300, SB re-raised me the double amount.

Now heres where you need to decide if your good or not. I puted my opponent on KQ/KJ with 1 club or maybe even A7 with the ace of clubs.

Anyway I called, turn came 6h, and he putted me allin. I had around 5k left in chips and called to see Ac8c in the SB.

Afterwards its always easy to find the fold, but in your opinion should I consider myself beat on the flop and fold?

Or did I make the right move considering that I didnt want post´n fold just to make the money?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next time don't pust the results it will bias our analysis.

You have TPTK, you really don't want to call off all your chips with this. Fold to the rerasie after the flop and wait to get those chips back when you are in the money.

B

BearInDaHouse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my idea of thinking on this hand.
At this stage in a tournament you were in espacially around the bubble people tighten up alot and your analysis of possible hands is proberly how i would have thought. Suited face cards, lower pockets and the ever annoying rag ace. Your UTG raise should have scared off hands like a rag ace. Sadly this was a freeroll and people always take more chances and try to be clever and play like idiots. I think you played the hand ok personally but sadly you commited half your stack on the flop before the check raise so you pretty much had to call with your top pair top kicker as you created a pot to big. Maybe a half pot bet would have given sufficent info to fold the hand at the time but we will never know this.

B

BearInDaHouse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My thinking???

Here's my idea of thinking on this hand.
At this stage in a tournament you were in espacially around the bubble people tighten up alot and your analysis of possible hands is proberly how i would have thought. Suited face cards, lower pockets and the ever annoying rag ace. Your UTG raise should have scared off hands like a rag ace. Sadly this was a freeroll and people always take more chances and try to be clever and play like idiots. I think you played the hand ok personally but sadly you commited half your stack on the flop before the check raise so you pretty much had to call with your top pair top kicker as you created a pot to big. Maybe a half pot bet would have given sufficent info to fold the hand at the time but we will never know this.

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks for the tip wont post the outcome next time. I guess your rightits never a good idea to call all your chips with just tophit especially with a possible flush out there.

Its like David "the Dragon" Pham once said:
"Sometimes Its ok to fold what you think might be the best hand"

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BearInDaHouse I think youre right regarding the flopbet, I should have made it smaller and by that also leave myself a way out. I guess I wanted to take down the pot right there an I didnt want to make it to cheap for a club to call, but when he reraised me the double on the flop it was 2300 for 10300 I just couldnt fold with top pair and top kicker, at this stage Im thinking that maybe the right move would have been to give a free card to see what my opponent would do on 4th street...

B

BearInDaHouse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes its tricky to tell whether a double raise is strength or weakness. Whether there trying to keep you in the pot but make it bigger or a pathetic attempt at pushing you off your hand. If they read you for A-K pre-flop and the flop brings Top pair for you to there flush. Its destined, its all going in.
I just try my best in these situations which sadly happen far to often a golden rule. Don't go all-in with just one pair. Awe well. better luck next. You might runner-runner quads.
Cheers
BearInDaHouse

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting was the right decision after the flop because you have to know where you are...however, you should have folded to the reraise.