AA vs QJs

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes that in the very moment it's 50/50, just cause we don't know what will come, yes in all situations similar to this and ur holding AAs u have to call.
...LOL. No, it's not. It's still 80/20.

With these preflop stats, saying sometime is an 80% favorite to win means that it will win 80% of the time by the river. This includes all possible combinations of hands: pair, 2 pairs, sets/trips, straights, flushes, boats, quads, straight flushes.

So, even if AA misses the flop and QJ hits 2 pair. AA still has equity to hit the turn or river to give it the best hand. That equity, say 8% chance to hit make a set on turn or river is already calculated into it being an 80% chance favorite preflop.

it's a +ev decision
...Not sure how it's a +EV decision if you think it's 50/50. It's impossible to +EV in 50/50 situations. It'll be neutral, not +/-EV.

folding will be a bad play as this play is spread out over couple few times u only lose a small percentage of the time, BUT u don't actually know when are the times u are gonna lose, which means yes it is a coin flip and it was this time unfortunate that u end up in the small percentage of losing. Just unfortunate that's all
...Wait. What?

How can you lose a small percentage of the time and it's still a 50/50? If it's an even flip, then you should lose an equal percentage of the time, right?
Is this a level?

If it is, good play.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I feel any time you can get it in all in PF against 1-2 opponents, no more, you've always played it exactly how you want it to go. Everything that happens after that is pure gambling and luck. If it goes your way, great. If it doesn't, then look at it this way, you may not be profiting now in this situation, but over the course of a few situations that are the same or similar to that one you'll be winning big. Which means a big boost to your bankroll.

Keep your chin up, stay positive, and remember you're in it for the long run or you're not in it at all.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not going to win always in poker even with AA, but played good i think just i would't push that high straight away

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard lesson playing aces, its super strong and super weak. Qj is a donk? I call it maybe value? Aces are not letting it go 99% of the time so if you hit the magic your moving forward fast, real fast! Pokers about position and being strong. Once in position raise / play whatever you feel. Live with losing and winning hands #TheGambler 👀

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've played the hand perfectly, it was just rotten luck to get out flipped vs a worse hand.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that you had AA and got it all in pre with a caller you played the hand completely fine.

However 1/5 times this 4-betting mediocre hands donk wins this hand and it happened to be this one time - variance my friend ... don't let it get to you!

Best response in the thread. You want to take this situation every day and twice on Sunday (to use an old expression). I had a similar thing happen to me in a micro-stakes cash game where villain shoved post-flop (though in that situation, they just lost a big hand the hand before and they called my raise in SB and shoved). They were drawing stone dead on the turn too.

The point is you played the hand fine, and always will if you take that exact same line and get called.