AA folded

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wherever I play, but I would never fold AA, I think this is a myth who discards and does not go for everything on AA

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just think if you are going to toss the best starting hand, then what else WOULD you prefer to play?

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded AA yesterday too, but because of flush, 4 cards in the same color, my aces was without that color, and i just needed to fold that.. 2 black beat me, so better to fold..
but when i have aces, in the 90% cases i go all in.. :)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding aces post flop is getting much easier for me. Usually paired boards or 4 flush cards and 4 to a straight are cards that make my decisions to fold very easy. Obv AA is a great starting hand but it’s not invincible. Being able to fold in tough spots differentiate good and great players from those less skilled and unable to see an easy fold through aces.

On the other foot is being in a hand where it’s quite obv my opponent has an over pair and likely aces, I flop the nuts or a big holding. Getting paid off against aces makes up for losing with them. Being able to read the hand dynamics from both sides makes future hands easier to play.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a too tight game is my opinion, and a very good situation is to make your stack 3 times bigger, I don’t understand your doubts

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not give up on AA. Even against three opponents you were the favorite, mainly because the villains would probably be blocking each other's outs.
As for another question, I believe that MTTs must be played to win, or at least reach the FT. By remaining only at the last levels of the ITM, you cannot be profitable, even if you have 30% ICM in tournaments.
Always remember, MTT money is at the final table.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone.

Last night, I was playing a freeroll, and at the time there was an ITM of 6, I get AA.
The tournament paid 24 positions and I was 15. My position at the table was CO, and the hand came up (UTG), re-raised (MP) and highjack was allin with 100,000 chips or so. My stack was 60000, so I decided to fold my hand, anticipating that the allin would be matched by UTG and MP and stay with AA against 3 rivals, the three of them exceeding me in chips.
Beyond the play itself, which I suppose is very questionable (or not), the question I ask myself is: freerolls (and MTT tournaments in general) must be played to win them or enter prizes and then, already with the prize assured, seek to climb the prize scale (usually what I do).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

P.D: In the tournament I went out 9th.

You Need To Jam With AA. Folding any other hand would be acceptable. I understand Your thought process but the AA fold will haunt my dreams tonight. In all seriousness you are way ahead of everyone regardless. Deep Breath And Shove that stack in the middle friend. Good Luck.

Good Luck To All:cool:

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA some love it, others hate it lol, a very strong hand, but if you don't know how to play, you lose your tournament. I play aggressively with this type of hand and hardly ever fold AA.:playingba

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends.

Thank you all very much for your comments, advice and opinions.
Of course I respect and value their positions very much, but being a rookie, very, very tight player and playing only sit and go and mtt (I still don't consider myself theoretically ready to play cash), I am used to playing speculative and situational poker in which for example, in a hand in which I have AA in last positions and there are three allin before I speak, and on top of that I am in bubble, I will fold AA without hesitation (I have lost too many times already in that situation and sincerely I am intimidated ).
I am clear that it is something that makes me have to consider better if I want to reach more final tables but for now I am satisfied with entering prizes and then we will see if there is luck hehe.

Thanks for always being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to maximize ROI in MTT's, you really need to be playing to get first place in the tournament. You'll have larger swings but be a much larger winner in the long run.

K

KickerSharp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time to fold aces preflop is from sitting out ....

K

KickerSharp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded aces preflop once and it did well I know you don't know what the flop is going to be like but every one either called or raised on a 9 handed table . I just went with my gut.

Folding in Poker