A had of all hands and tried my best to slow play it

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stage #419884564 Tourney ID 1144142 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $40 - 2006-06-09 09:05:34 (ET)
Table: 126 (real money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 1 - HUNIGEMZ ($1150 in chips)
Seat 2 - MUBSTER23 ($5715 in chips)
Seat 3 - EDFLAM ($4275 in chips)
Seat 4 - MYS ($11725 in chips)
Seat 5 - TOMMYLEE1023 ($10360 in chips)
Seat 6 - ACEAHALLIC ($3700 in chips)
Seat 7 - LADYLUCKLUCK ($1775 in chips)
Seat 8 - TOYS300 ($6185 in chips)
Seat 9 - TWIZZYBOP ($1550 in chips)
EDFLAM - Posts small blind $20
MYS - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [9s Ac]
TOMMYLEE1023 - Folds
ACEAHALLIC - Folds
LADYLUCKLUCK - Calls $40
TOYS300 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $40
HUNIGEMZ - Folds
MUBSTER23 - Folds
EDFLAM - Calls $20
MYS - Folds
*** FLOP *** [Ad Ah As]
EDFLAM - Checks
LADYLUCKLUCK - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
*** TURN *** [Ad Ah As] [8s]
EDFLAM - Checks
LADYLUCKLUCK - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
*** RIVER *** [Ad Ah As 8s] [4c]
EDFLAM - Checks
LADYLUCKLUCK - Bets $160
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $600 to $600
EDFLAM - Folds
LADYLUCKLUCK - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - returned ($440) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TWIZZYBOP - Does not show
TWIZZYBOP Collects $480 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($480)
Board [Ad Ah As 8s 4c]
Seat 1: HUNIGEMZ Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: MUBSTER23 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: EDFLAM (small blind) Folded on the RIVER
Seat 4: MYS (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: TOMMYLEE1023 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: ACEAHALLIC Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: LADYLUCKLUCK Folded on the RIVER
Seat 8: TOYS300 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: TWIZZYBOP collected Total ($480) HI:($480) [Does not show]

Didn't get me many chips granted, it was just nice to see a great flop.
:)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I porbably would have done a minimum raise after the river but it's a scary flop for all players. You're lucky one player took a shot at the pot after the river and not checked all around.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should bet into it, ur opponets will never think u have the ace

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Dingo, if you would have bet perhaps 1/4 or 1/2 the pot on the flop, you probably would have got some callers from someone holding a K just because in this case the possibility of you holding an A is unlikely, which would make K high a good hand at this stage.

T

thechern

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have bet after the turn and you would of probably got a caller and then bet the same amount after the river.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thechern said:
i would have bet after the turn and you would of probably got a caller and then bet the same amount after the river.
This is alot better than betting the flop IMO.
I 'want' them to catch up, so giving them a free look at the turn and a cheap bet on the turn to see the river will hopefully allow them to pair up somewhere.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you're saying Fish, good points. I don't think I would bet that flop with that hand in a heads up pot, but I think with 4 people in the pot, I think a small bet would probably net at least 1 caller. If you get 2 and a high card comes out next you could probably be slick and check-raise the turn, or even better lead the turn and 3-bet it.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm. Nobody's going to believe the case ace is out there. I think a small bet would be called by anyone with a strong high card. Anyone with a pair is going to call and probably reraise. I think you min bet here and hope that someone makes their Full House. Check raising works best when your in early position against multiple opponents or against one agressive opponent. Even then, a min bet, often serves the same purpose while building the pot. Which is also why you should always be wary of a min bet from EP. In short Twizzy, there's not much more you could have done with this. It is fun to look at though, isn't it?

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who bets the minimum? low level sng donks?

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four Dogs said:
Hmm. Nobody's going to believe the case ace is out there. I think a small bet would be called by anyone with a strong high card. Anyone with a pair is going to call and probably reraise. I think you min bet here and hope that someone makes their Full House. Check raising works best when your in early position against multiple opponents or against one agressive opponent. Even then, a min bet, often serves the same purpose while building the pot. Which is also why you should always be wary of a min bet from EP. In short Twizzy, there's not much more you could have done with this. It is fun to look at though, isn't it?

Great advice. I completely agree with this. This is something I'll typcially do when there is a very scary flop and I have nothing. You'd be suprised at how often everyone will fold. When I have nothing, I'll fold to a reraise.

As far as dingo's comments, a pot win is a pot win. There's nothing wrong with a min raise at times....particularly if it's a scary flop and it allows you to take it down. You can also use it to build up a pot that you have the nuts with. I really don't get the negativity toward a min bet....

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a minimum bet always means huge strength or huge weakness (or total donk) very easy to read.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... And when opponents misinterpret one for the other, you = a winner.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop.

You were never going to make anything out of this Twizzy. I'd have probably gone all-in. I think that is the last move people will expect someone with the 4th Ace to make (the responses on here bear that out), so you may get a caller (if they have an 8 or a higher pocket pair). As it was, you got the max you were going to probably - you never know, would a smaller raise on the river have got a "curiousity" call? Would an all-in on the river get a call from someone with an 8 who thinks you've got the 4?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
You're lucky one player took a shot at the pot after the river and not checked all around.
I agree, 2 callers and $160 pot, i'd have let this one go. If you've got a K or a Q, you may win anyway, so why bet?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
robwhufc said:
I agree, 2 callers and $160 pot, i'd have let this one go. If you've got a K or a Q, you may win anyway, so why bet?

Are you being sarcastic or are you being serious?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Are you being sarcastic or are you being serious?
Serious - we obviously dont know what Ladyluckluck had - may have been the 8 or a 4, but I would have thought they would have called (out of curiousity more than anything). If they are sitting there with a King, they shouldn't bet, as they may take pot down anyway (and will only be called by a better hand), so i presume it was a total bluff, but i think it's too much of a risk to do this against 3 players when you're only getting even money. I'd have let this go, or bet a smaller amount.

T

tranqxility

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monster flop for you, extremely scary flop for everyone else. 9 times out of 10 you're going to win a small pot. I know I wouldn't risk anything with that flop unless I was holding KK or QQ...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands