$80 NLHE MTT: $$80 NLHE MTT: $$80 NLHE MTT: Pocket queens live tourny

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35 players starting field with 11 players left in tourny. Hero is big stack at table with about 32k in chips. Five players at table and six players at other table last hand before break, final table when one more player gets knocked out, 4 players make money, and typicaly everyone chips in $20 when down to 5 to pay the bubble. BB has a stack of around 20k

Hero is on button blinds are $400 $800 with a $75 ante last hand in round then blinds and antes increase to $500/$1000 and $100 ante.

Hero has QhQs 1 limper from middle pos. and the sb and bb yet to act. Hero makes it 4k, sb folds, bb calls, limper folds.

2 to the flop with a pot of 8775

Flop is 7s 5s, 4s

bb checks hero bets 4500, bb calls 4500

so the pot is now 17775

turn comes 6s putting an open ended str8 flush on the board

bb checks,

How should hero of proceded?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In final table only pot control turn on wet board.. Turn check/ and river check/call.. If villain bet small only call , if shove only fold...

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero checked turn
River card 10d
Villian shoves

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold in turn when villain shove...Two reasons, before the final table need to save the stack because the size of the stack will depend on how far you will go into a prize zone .. The second reason is a marginal situation, it is difficult to say villain have high flush or no...

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check as well and see whats his action next.

I almost invested 8k and if I fold next, my stack is still alive.

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero folded to Villian shove all in after several minutes of deliberation and telling Villian only 4 cards beat me., showing his gueens with a the spade. Several on lookers mumble about that being an instant call. Villan shakes his head and says really, showing a 6 of diamonds. During break Villian seaks me out and says that he had 6d 8s , making a str8t on flop and turning the straight flush. Not sure if I believe him or not.

the_wonk

the_wonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check turn and call a river shove. If he checks both streets I probably jam river. On the river he's betting 11k into 18k. So you need to be good a little over 25% to break even. (At least in terms of chipEV.) Considering the size of the pot, the dangerous board, and you showing weakness checking back the turn, most opponents will bluff a lot more than 25% here ime.

No reason to ever bet the turn yourself fyi. Also, pot control not possible/relevant at this depth.

Organize a Home Poker Game